Chapter 72: Percy

•8 Months Later•

It was time.

The entire camp was busy. Soldiers were grabbing their gear, and saying goodbye to their loved ones. Luke, Travis, and my other commanders were bustling around, making sure everyone knew the plan, and what to do. But there was only one thing on my mind.

I walked into my tent, where Annabeth was waiting. She would be fighting too, if it wasn't for the fact that she was nine months pregnant.

"So," She said as I sat down in the chair next to her bed. "This is it."

"Yeah," I said as I took her hand in mine. Silena, who had been a midwife back in Greece and was here to assist Annabeth's birth, exited the tent, giving us our space.

"Don't you dare die on me, Seaweed Brain," She said slightly angrily.

"Never," I took her hand in mine and kissed it. "I will never leave you, or our child."

"I love you," She said.

"I love you too," I kissed her forehead. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

"You better be," She mumbled.

"Have I ever broken a promise?" I smiled.

She smiled too. I didn't want to, but I forced myself to stand up. I had a battle to fight.

"I'll see you soon," I promised her.

She nodded, and I walked out of our tent.

Luke was waiting for me. We both already had our armor on. Leo had made mine, and it was heavy but useful. Leo had been a massive help during our battle strategizing. If it wasn't for him, we would have no chance against the Roman Legion. We climbed onto our horses, and were off.

We had set up camp behind some small mountains that would give us a huge tactical advantage. Most of the army was already in position.

I rode to the front, my men parting in front of me and closing ranks behind me. I could see the legion in the distance. They'd be here before the hour was done.

All of our battles before this one were nothing compared to what we were about to face. Lord Hades, all of them, nothing. The Legion was full of battle hardened, combat trained men. But I had hope.

It was time to face King Jason.

Oh boy, is next chapter something.

Whose team are you on? Team Jason or team Percy? Choose wisely, for everyone who guesses the winner of the battle will get a shoutout in the final chapter. Also, tell me why you think they will, or want them to, win. I love hearing your guys thoughts about the story!

As always, thanks for reading!