THIRTEEN

Since the second Lauren held her hands and told her "Now. This is your home", Camila could feel some part in her heart collapsed.

She always craved love. She craved having someone to love her. But this was always the most secret part hiding deep in her heart. Her parents didn't know this. Her sister didn't know this. Everyone thought planning everything for her was good for her. For her ex-boyfriend, they were together because of the steadiness. Or maybe she thought. He was better than the men her parents chose for her.

There was still no reason to explain why she rejected the boyfriend she had dated for two years almost three, but accepted Lauren who she had known for few hours. She didn't have an answer at that moment. So did now.

The only one thing she was sure was. She could see the seed of love growing at the part her heart collapsed. Showing the moments they spent together, the intentional or unintentional touches, and everything happened when they were together.

-

Few days later, it was Lauren's parents' turn to ask them out. When they received the information, her parents had already booked a table in a restaurant, telling them they didn't have to bring anything but themselves.

That morning Camila woke up early. She sat in front of the makeup desk to do her hair and makeup. Then spent about half an hour to choose a satisfying no sleeves pink dress with a pair of beige high heels. After she finished her dress up, she stood in front of Lauren and spinned about, showing her achievement.

Lauren looked at her with sparkles in her eyes like looking at a gem. She couldn't admit it. Camila usually just put on light makeup highlighting her eyes and mouth. Today she drew her eyes deeper, standing out other features on her beautiful face. She put on cherry chapstick on her lips, making them plump and juicy. Finally, she straightened her hair and tied them low loosely on one side, showing her soft neck.

"It was great, but..." Lauren was actually really delighted seeing Camila looking different from usual. But she furrowed her eyebrows and acted a worried look.

"But what?" As Lauren expected, Camila asked nervously.

"Um..." Lauren stood up and checked Camila out from head to toe. She paused a few seconds then walked to Camila's back and did the same. At last she came back to the front and slightly tapped her index finger on her lip. She said distressed, "Too attractive. What if some guys come to ask for the number of their daughter-in-law when we are eating with my parents later? That would be awkward!"

Camila didn't know whether she should be laughing or crying. She dressed up really well because she was really nervous and extremely cared about this meeting. But Lauren was joking on her.

Looking at Lauren's still frowned face, Camila bit her lower lip. "Is it tempting to you?" She said winking to Lauren.

Lauren saw Camila's action and suddenly felt something had been turned on inside her. She brought up her hand going to rub Camila's head. But she realised she would mess up her hair set so she just put her hand on Camila's waist.

"It's time. Let's go."

-

When they arrived at the restaurant, Lauren told the waiter her father's name under reservation. After that they were led to the reserved table. The waiter helped them pull their chairs then gave them the menus and left.

Not long later, Lauren's parents and her brother came. Camila was nervous and kept looking around. When she saw a pair of middle-aged couple and a young man, she pulled Lauren's arm and yelled, "Look! That guy and you look so alike!"

Lauren was taking a sip from her iced tea. She bit her straw and asked, "Who?"

Camila didn't look back, "That guy..."