EIGHT

Not long after the movie had started, Camila started feeling cold. She started having goosebumps on her skin, so she rubbed her arms with her hands to create friction.

Suddenly Lauren who was sitting next to her grabbed her hand, which nearly scared her to death, but Lauren loosed her hand so fast. The raven haired girl took out a jacket from her backpack, gave it to the small girl and whispered in her ear, "Put it on, you hands are cold." Then returned to her position.

Camila's hair behind her neck stood immediately, her goosebumps gaining on her skin. She knew that. It was not because of the coldness but Lauren's sudden intimate act.

Thanks to the dim light, Lauren was unable to notice her blush on the cheek.

And the person who made her flush, was now laughing widely at the movie scene, not caring a bit if how humoristic her laughs were. And how adorable they were.

Camila silently put on Lauren's jacket, putting her focus back to the screen.

At the beginning the movie was quite hilarious, but the suspense atmosphere started gaining. The main role nervously glancing around the surroundings, making the attentive Lauren closing her eyes, but couldn't stop the urge to squint to see what's going on.

Camila looked at the act of hoping to watch but not ready for the fright of the person next to her. She couldn't help but shaked her head for the two extreme sides of the girl. The green eyed girl insisted watching this movie before they bought the ticket, and delightfully jumping up and down to the box office after winning the rock-paper-scissors battle with her, but now shrinking in her seat scared for the climax in the movie?

She knew Lauren was already good enough to not choose a horror film. But instead she chose a thriller, which the scenes in the whole film were almost the same, making Camila yawning for countless times. When the light glowed in the cinema, Camila patted the person whose face was hiding behind her hands, "It's ended. Time to go."

The black haired girl put down her hand and looked up, stretching herself after relaxing for a bit. She looked at Camila in a pity face, "How come it has ended? I haven't enjoyed it!"

Camila glanced an eye at her, carried her backpack and stood up with their drinks in hands, waiting for the person who wasn't willing to leave.

Not getting a reply from the brunette, Lauren continued, "I am not scared at all." She spoke seriously like a kid.

Camila looked at her speaking seriously, thinking of the frightened expression a while ago, she couldn't hold her chuckle. She walked directly out of the cinema leaving Lauren behind, ignoring the person packing up clumsily calling her name.

After Lauren hurriedly followed up, she relaxed seeing Camila waiting for her at the entrance. She felt thirsty and wanted to get back her drink, but realised both of their drinks were only about two percent left. She was unable to identify hers from Camila's.

"Erm..." Camila looked at the drinks, then looked back at Lauren.

Lauren scratched her cheek, how could she distinguish the two drinks? So she randomly took one, biting the straw and said to Camila, "If you mind, then just open the cover and don't use the straw." She then started drinking, taking a glance at Camila at the corner of her eye.

Camila paused for a second, but finally sucked on the straw until there was nothing in the cup and threw it in the rubbish bin aside.

Lauren took one sip after another, suddenly thought of something and stopped, staring at the back of Camila.

The popcorn they just ate, Camila's was in caramel flavour, and hers was salted. They each had their own box for the movie.

The straw in her mouth, the sweet taste, reaching her brain through the nerves, numbing all her thoughts.

-

One week passed, a weekend night, Lauren decided to watch movie after dinner. As she was the one who decided what movie to watch last time, now it's Camila's turn. The small Latina chose the Notebook, which she had watched many times. At a boring point in the movie, Camila decided to go take a shower, leaving Lauren watching alone.

Originally they were each occupying a side on the couch, after Camila left, Lauren was feeling lazy. She was leaning on the side of the couch, she secretly stretched her legs further towards Camila's place, Camila's temperature was left there.

Honestly she had also watched the Notebook for many times, she rubbed her eyes, feeling dry in her eyes and sleepy, it was the symptom of falling asleep.

Squinting her eyes, Lauren was waken by Camila calling her after shower, "Lo?"

"Huh?" She said, unnaturally putting her legs down the couch. She was thinking to empty the seat before Camila was back, but she missed the best timing because she was half awake. Then now she was caught by the owner of the seat, such an awkward moment.

But Camila seemed didn't care and sat down, "You fell asleep?"

"No." Lauren sat straight, her hands unnaturally rubbung her eyes.

"Don't rub them," Camila grabbed her hand and stopped her, "It's not clean to rub your eyes without washing your hands. If you want to sleep then I'll turn off the TV." She was ready to stand up.

"No need." Lauren caught back the hand Camila just loosen, asking her to sit down, "It's good to know you're back. It's just somewhat boring watching alone."

"Really?" Camila suspended.

"Yeah." Could she say it's because she had watched the movie many times?

"Alright." Camila sat down, concentrating on the screen, but her hands were fanning herself, muttering, "So hot..." The body after shower was steaming.

LAuren secretly moved her butt towards Camila. Camila was wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts with the heat after shower. The scent of vanilla flew into her nose through Camila's fanning and her cheeks flushing, made Lauren's heart lost a beat.

Camila turned her head to Lauren after feeling her movement and moved her legs to herself a bit, "Am I taking too much space? I'm sorry."

"Erm, no." She tried to stop Camila's act of putting her legs on the floor, but stopped when she accidentally touched her ankle embarrassingly. "I mean, it's alright."

Camila suspiciously glanced at Lauren before she moved her sight, staring at the TV for a few seconds before walking towards the fridge, pretending finding snacks but actually for air conditioner use. She kneeled in front of the fridge not noticing she was followed by LAuren's sight.

This was the first time she really noticed Camila after shower. A tide of flush on the small face caused by heat, even there was heat all over her body, her neck, her collarbones, and lower under the tank top. Delivering the vanilla scent and the cleavage in between, just like the secret box of Pandora tempting her to sneak a peek...

Lauren swallowed hard. Oh God, what kind of thought was this.

Imagining the view under that thin cloth, and the voluminous butt, Lauren could feel her cheek burning.

Not daring to look at the brunette for a second more, Lauren locked herself in the bedroom under the blanket, singing the 1975's song to cool herself down.