SIX

Camila was always thinking about treating Lauren well, but she totally had no idea how. One day morning she saw a bag of new blouses Lauren recently bought, thinking that Lauren was always the one to do housework, she might have done something for her too. The texture of the blouse was smooth and soft, they should be quite expensive. She took a basin and put the blouses in it, meanwhile putting her favourite pink sweater in, and started rubbing them with a bar of soap.

She felt like Lauren loved these types of blouses very much. She used to just put her clothes into a washing machine and leave them, but now she thought she should look alike a wife after she got married, so she stirred the clothes in the basin seriously, until the water in the basin turned pinkish, then she realised something was wrong.

Camila hurriedly poured away all the water, but Lauren's blouses had already been dyed the same colour as her sweater.

Camila panicked, even if she was the same sex with Lauren, she had never seen the same colour of clothes in Lauren's closet, thinking she wouldn't be as excited as she was when she received something pink, she was flustered. She started rubbing some soap onto the blouses again, but the colour had already sunk deeply into the material.

The colour didn't come off even though she was rubbing so hard, she used a soft brush to brush hard but still couldn't see any difference. Camila's strength was getting stronger as she was getting more nervous, she stopped until she was exhausted. The blouse was just dyed pink, but now there were some small balls appearing on the originally smooth texture, they were no longer silky.

Camila's small face turned pale, she couldn't think of any solution, and she was too afraid to call Lauren for help, so she eventually put the clothes into the washing machine to dehydrate them before hanging them in the balcony.

After Camila hung the clothes, she heard the door unlocked, she was too nervous that she clumsily tripped herself over the basin aside her feet. The clothes were all over the ground and the basin made a loud noise falling, Camila sat on the floor helplessly. The noise attracted Lauren's attention who just got in the apartment, she quickly went to the balcony to check what happened.

"I... I'm okay, but..." The paired of green eyes looked at Camila with care, which made Camila's eyes started to get teary.

"What? What? What? Did you get hurt?" Lauren asked nervously, her hands fumbling around the small brunette's body.

"Your blouses..." Camila couldn't continue after saying two words, her head looking down waiting for Lauren's rage erupt. She knew what she had done, she was ready to be told off by Lauren.

Lauren glanced an eye at the clothes hanging, the original white blouses had turned white, she then looked down to check on Camila, grabbed her hand and was surprised than when she saw her blouses, "Your hands are freezing!"

Camila's hand were wrapped in Lauren's, not dare to look at her face, "I was just washing clothes, accidentally dyed the blouses and couldn't wash it off..."

Lauren put Camila's hand near her mouth to blow air and rubbed them to keep them warm, scolded her in a half serious way, "Isn't it me always doing these things? It's so cold out here, you can just put them in the washing machines, why must you use your hands? You see your hands are turning purple, you might get frostbitten..." Lauren muttered, busy at the work on her hand, Camila's hands were almost colder than the temperature outside, Lauren put them on her cheeks, "Idiot..."

Camila could hear that Lauren was not blaming her at all, she finally dared to look up at her, watching at her movement, her fingertips slowly warming up, there was a warm stream flowed through her heart. That moment, just like in her dream, a part of her heart started falling for someone, started to flutter.

Camila shaked her head when she realised there was a special feeling growing in her mind. She quickly asked Lauren if she had any solutions towards the dyed blouses, Lauren glanced at the clothes and seemed like she didn't care, "You don't have to rub it at all, the blouses are white, just bleach them is okay."

Camila's jaw dropped, was it really...?

Following after Lauren, seeing her taking the blouses down one by one, taking them to the bathroom adding some bleach, and left them after stirring slightly. When Camila was still suspecting Lauren's action, Lauren had already come out from the kitchen, with a mug of hot chocolate in her hand for Camila to warm her body organs.

Camila handling the mug with both hands, observing Lauren's expressions, taking the drink sip by sip, "Aren't you angry?"

"Why angry?" Lauren was putting back the things she bought to place, she was out because she suddenly thought of the lack of the things, and causing the incident of the small brunette at home because of this.

That was only about an hour after she had left, the clean and tidy home before she left, had turned to a Camila sitting on the floor clumsily and clothes spread all over the floor. Lauren felt shocked thinking the relation between two things.

"You seem liking those blouses very much..."The blouses can be bought again if they are broken, but that wouldn't be good if you got hurt. Also..." Lauren grinned widely. "You feel sorry and really want to make things up, right?" Comparing both, acknowledging one's fault and change or not admitting one's fault, she preferred the former one.

"If you need to buy the clothes again, I will pay for you."

Looking at the serious expression on the small Latina's face, Lauren agreed and rubbed her hair, thinking that if she would really need to buy again, she wouldn't use Camila's money.

When she took her hand back, she was surprised by herself, since when did she have the habit of rubbing other's head? Rubbing Camila's head once and once again was always a subconscious move, just like her ex-boyfriend used to do to her. But, she didn't hate the feeling of doing that to Camila, and even the next time, she couldn't hold the urge to touch her head again.

Later on, Lauren went to the bathroom to check the clothes, the uneven colour on the clothes had turned to an even light pink. Comparing to the original white blouses, it was another look, no one would know it was accidentally dyed by Camila.

Lauren stared at the clothes for a few seconds, understanding those won't turn back to their original colour no matter how long it had been bleached, so she washed them with clean water again and brought them to the garden to dry. Even though the colour pink would never appear on her body, it seemed good to just hang them in her closet.