Chapter 4- Makeup and Chariots

I sat down with a sigh on the metal table in the room, looking at myself in the full length mirror across from me. I guess I had to wait here for my prep team to come. 

I looked around the room; it was painted white, a relief from all the colors of the Capitol. There were cabinets lining the walls, probably containing beauty products for my 'makeover.' There also was a tub in the corner, probably for bathing myself in all the different concoctions they'll use on me. 

Suddenly, the door burst open and three very colorful Capitol people flew in, pushing a cart full of bottles and containers. They were probably my prep team. 

There were two women and a man, who quickly introduced themselves as Katri, Saffra, and Alto. Then they assaulted me with beauty products. 

Katri seemed to have an obsession with the color green. No, her hair was not dyed green, it was a nice auburn color cut in a bob, but almost everything else on her was green. There was her green painted nails, green tattoos of leaves swirling down her arms, and green lipstick and eye shadow. 

Then there was Saffra, who had a fiery personality, and expressed it on her body. She had spiked short red hair and long red, orange, and yellow glittered eyelashes. She wore a vibrant red lipstick and had flames tattooed onto her face, a huge contrast with her dark skin.  

The most normal, if that's even a word associated with Capitol citizens, of them all was Alto. His baby blue hair was wavy and short and he had lipstick to match. His body was free of tattoos and implants, but his skin was so pale, he reminded me of a vampire. 

The first thing they did was strip me of my clothes, having me stand stark-naked in front of them as they examined my body. I managed to refrain from covering myself with my arms, but I couldn't stop the blush that flooded my face. I did not like this. 

"Her body's too hairy!" exclaimed Saffra, and they immediately soaked me in different chemicals to help remove all body hair. Then they went to work on me, plucking, waxing, and stripping my exposed body of all remaining hair. 

I remembered Katie's advice and didn't complain through the whole process, even though it hurt like hell. 

This seemed to please them, because they twittered happily about it to each other. All the past Tributes they had couldn't keep their mouth shut. 

Finally, they deemed me hair-free, and sent me off to soak again in another liquid that soothed my raw skin. 

When I dried myself off, Katri gave me a thin robe to wear for the remainder of the time. I took it gratefully, relieved that I could cover myself up. 

I sat back down on the table while they were pulling various things out of the cabinets. I examined myself in the mirror; my smooth legs and arms, my perfectly shaped eyebrows. 

"When do I meet my stylist?" I asked. I'd been in here for at least an hour; the Opening Ceremonies must be soon. 

"Umm," Alto thought for a second. "When we're done with you. And that's not now." 

I suppressed a sigh. I was sort of curious to see what my costume was. 

The three came back over to me and started on my nails and hair, combing my hair till it shone and shaping my nails into perfect ovals.  

After what seemed like another hour, they finally stepped back, finished. They stood around me, admiring their work. 

"Gorgeous," Katri trilled happily. Everyone else agreed full-heartedly.