Bonus Chapter 2: The Boney Bride and the Walrus

James:

"I think this is a terrible idea," I announce to Lily. Uneasily, I tug on the cuffs of my muggle suit. I know I look dashing in this thing, but I'd honestly rather just wear jeans and a t-shirt. While I consider myself to be a king of parties, I know a bad party when I see one. "Your sister doesn't like me very much. At all. In fact, I think she hates me."

Lily hums to herself as she puts on an earring. "It will be fine. We'll stay for a couple of minutes after the ceremony then we'll go." She smiles brightly at me. "I promise if it gets too uncomfortable, we'll leave and go to your parents' place. Then we can enjoy the rest of this short break in peace. Well, I guess it's never really peaceful with Sirius around..."

"My parents would love to see you. They keep asking about you in every letter they send. You know-"

Lily cuts me off, "oh no. We are going to this wedding, Mr. Potter. We will clap at the appropriate times and then we will congratulate the happy couple. We will dance and then we will leave."

I run a hand through my hair. "Alright. I get the picture; there's no escape."

"You offered to come with me." Lily says with an innocent grin.

"That was before I came to my senses."

..........

Here comes the bride. Looking so very boney!
And here comes the groom. With a squirrel for a moustache. Blimey! He's the size of an obese walrus! Suddenly, I couldn't help feeling just a bit bad for walruses. It'd be shite being compared to Vermin Dursley. Wait... Sorry, it's Vernon. My bad!

I keep my thoughts to myself as the ceremony continues with boring vows. I think they could have been at least a little creative with them. Muggle weddings are terribly boring...

Even though Lily has a wicked sense of humour, mocking her sister during a wedding would probably result in her being mad at me. Again. Easter break would be awful if I had to explain to my parents and our friends that I had made Lily angry again. It seems that everyone always takes her side. Who knew that dating turns all your friends into her allies?

Finally, the ceremony is over and we head to the reception dinner. Inside the hall, it looks like pink vomited everywhere. Everything is pink. Merlin, this is bloody awful.

"I need a drink," I admit to Lily. "Want anything?"

"Yes, please."

I smile at her and make my way towards the refreshments. I stare at my options. Pink lemonade. Yellow lemonade. Great. That gives me such a range of options.

"Oy, Vernon, who's that man with the messy black hair standing by the drinks?" A loud snobbish voice asks from somewhere behind me.

"That would be Petunia's sister's boyfriend." The walrus-like man replies with a tone that implies his feelings for me aren't warm and fuzzy. Isn't that a shame...

"Lily's boyfriend, huh. Well, what does he do for a living?"

Vernon laughs. "Do for a living." He repeats mockingly. "He's a magician and a drunk. She met him at her school for troubled teenagers. He's the reason we couldn't have alcohol at this reception."

I clench my fist and take a deep breath. I can't do anything about him. If I mess this up, Lily won't forgive me. Despite everything getting better between us since  I screwed after Death Eaters attacked Mum and threatened our family, I still feel like we're on thin ice. Plus, as much as Petunia upsets Lily, Lily still loves her dearly.

Calmly, I slip past Vernon and the tall man to find Lily. Lily stands at the edge of the room with her hands clasped together. To anyone who didn't know her well, Lily looks perfectly fine. However, I know her better than I think I know myself. She's hurting. I slide my hand into hers as I step beside her. "Your sister and brother-in-law aren't fond of us," I comment dully.

"No really?" Lily releases a tired sigh. "I shouldn't have come." She decides as she rubs at her temples.

"Your parents would have wanted you to be here." I point out softly. "They would have been proud of you for trying to support your sister."
Lily nods, but she looks like her mind is a million miles away. She doesn't want to be here any more than I do.

"Let's go. We can go get a butterbeer and then we'll go to my parents' house. They'll be happy to see us. I promise."

Lily smiles at me and kisses my cheek. "I like the sound of that."

I wrap my arm around her waist and guide her away from the hateful whispers of her bratty sister and walrus-like brother-in-law.

Drunken magician.... rubbish

.................

It took a while but here it is! Bonus chapter number 2! Please let me know what you thought of it. Hopefully, my writing isn't too rusty.