Chapter Twenty-Six: I'm Headline News

“Thanks for coming over.” James says with a smile.

                “No problem. I had a really good time with your family. I really like your parents.” I admit.

                “They like you a lot, Lils. I swear Mum’s already planning our wedding.”

                “Let’s make it through Hogwarts first.”

                “Sounds good.” James runs a hand through his messy hair. “What are you going to do for the rest of the time at your parents’?”

                I shrug. “I dunno. Maybe avoid Tuney at all times?”

                “Tuney?”

                “Petunia. I used to call her that when we were little.”

                “I’m sorry if my Howler made anything worse.” James says guiltily.

                “I doubt that anything can get any worse between us.”

                “That’s too bad. I always used to want a sibling.”

                I shake my head. “I’ll sell mine off. It’s a real bargin. One Galleon!”

                James laughs. “Keep that up and you’ll end up as one of those door to door salesmen.”

                “Saleswomen,” I correct.

                “You get the picture.”

                “Your wordplay is boring,” Sirius declares.

                “Ever heard of privacy?” I taunt.

                “Mighta heard of it once or twice; I choose just to ignore it.” Sirius drawls.

                “Black! Leave the poor lovebirds alone!” Alice scolds. Her black hair is finally devoid of sparkles. Somehow, I don’t possibly know how, Alice got sparkles in her black hair last night. When she looked in the mirror this morning, I swear she screamed so soundly that the boys thought that there was a Death Eater attack.

                “Did you get the sparkles out?” Sirius laughs. “I think I see another one.”

                In horror, Alice clutches at the short spikes and runs back down the hall.

                “Never thought of Alice being so similar to Sirius.” James comments.