Bonus Chapter- James: How To Propose Marauders' Style

I never thought Lily Evans would even consider going on a date with me. Suffice to say, I was an arse to her for so many years. I know that there are better men out there than me. Men that could make her happier than I ever could, but I won't let her go. Maybe it's the arrogant part of me or maybe it's the part of me is optimistic, but she's in love with me and that isn't going to change anytime.

    Granted... She did only go on a date with me because she was crazy enough to play truth or dare with Marlene and Alice while drunk. No one plays truth or dare with Marlene and Alice...not even if you're sober. It's just a mistake waiting to happen.

    I did have a backup plan for if I lost the Quidditch match. I'm a fantastic Quidditch player, but I wasn't exactly confident about this match. Everything was on the line.

    I'm not proud of this fact. I had a song planned to sing to Snivellus. I was ready. I was going to sing one of those muggle songs that Lily was always singing when she thought no one was around. What can I say? Muggles have catchy music.

    But it didn't come to that. Good thing too. As much as I love Lily, I don't think my self-esteem could take a hit like that. Besides, Padfoot would have recorded it and used it was blackmail for years. Sirius is honestly merciless when it comes to using blackmail. I'm still scared of the possibilities of what he could have done with that song.

    I'd like to say that I've always been the best boyfriend to Lily, but I'm not a liar. My mother always told me never to tell a lie. (Only it turns out she didn't appreciate the fact that I told that to Voldemort. Mums and their double standards...) I'm lucky that Lily loves me or I think she would have been long gone. I've never been good at relationships. 'Course, I never really had to be until I started dating Lily. I've had to do a lot of growing up. Not that that's not a good thing. I've learned a lot of things. Optimistically, I'll be a better boyfriend now.

    "Mate, do you even know what you're going to say to her?" Sirius' voice pulls me out of my musing. "Girls take these things super seriously. You can't mess it up. She'll never let it go if you don't do it properly."

    I let out a breathy sigh. "I know and I've been trying to think about how to propose to her."

    "Hang on, let me get the reinforcements." Sirius pokes his head out of the dormitory and yells something.

    Remus enters a second later with a grin on his face. Backup...Right. The ever romantic Remus John Lupin. This ought to be good.

    "So, Prongs here needs a little help with how to propose to our beloved flower. I'm just saying, James, that if you screw this up and hurt her, I'm going to break your face." Sirius declares menacingly. So much for the Marauders always sticking together... That friendship pact is definitely going to get burned.

    "I will help Sirius." Remus promises sternly. Then his massive grin returns. "So, do you have the ring?"

    "Is it a big diamond?" Sirius asks seriously. Siriusly... Have my best mates turned into girls? This is getting ridiculous.

    I move to the vacant nightstand that sits beside the bed that used to be mine. "I had to hide it here." I confess. "I was worried Lily would find it otherwise." I open the small ring box and show it to my best friends.

    "Wow. That is sure shiny." Sirius comments loudly.

    "Is it a family heirloom?" Remus inquires.

    I nod. "Yeah, it's been passed down through generations of Potters. It was my mum's engagement ring too." I frown a little. "It is okay, right?"

"It's perfect." Serious Sirius declares with a goofy grin. "So are you going to propose at Hogwarts?"

    "I'd like to. It's where everything began, you know."

    "Before or after we finish classes and exams."

    "Definitely after. I wouldn't want Lily to have another thing on her mind right now. She's already stressed out. She's making studying cards. She quizzes me constantly."

    "Oh! I know when you should do it!" Remus exclaims. "Do it on the boats on the way out to the station! It's symbolic of ending one chapter of your life, but starting a new one together!"

    Silence. Sirius and I stare at Remus in disbelief. More silence. I don't know what to say. It's brilliant, but I'm a little worried about Remus. Symbolism...

    "You know I'm brilliant." Remus pouts.

    "You're way too old and ugly to pout, Remus. It's not attractive on a woman your age."

    "Shut up."

    "Jaaaaaames! Remus told me to shut up! That wasn't very nice."

    "I find your lack of maturity disturbing!"

    "No! You cannot change Darth Vader's words to fit your own agenda!"

    "How the hell do you know what Star Wars is? You're a pureblood!"

    "Oh, so let's discriminate against the pureblood. Nice touch! That was sooo kind of you. Believe it or not, I actually have seen Star Wars! So quit mocking the pureblood!"

    "Get over yourself! It's not like I was mocking your hair."

    "Don't you dare start on the hair!"

    And that is how you plan a proposal. Marauders Style.

..............................................

AN: Welcome to the first bonus chapter for Patronus Charm! Hope you enjoyed a little look into James' mind, while he tried to decide how to propose to Lily!

Next bonus chapter coming soon. Thanks everyone for getting PC this far!