Chapter Fifteen: The Place Where I'd Rather not Patrol

This is a shorter chapter, since like everyone else, I too wish to get into the fun parts. I know my story has a bunch of time jumps, but it will likely start to slow down, once December starts- which is likely next chapter. So enjoy. Just wanted to say thanks to TheJessie, theluckynumber3, and XxGoldArchxX for voting and telling me their thoughts! Means a lot to me, guys!!!

_____________________________________________________________________

“What awful weather,” I moan as I enter the common room. My scarf is thickly wrapped around my neck and I can only see a little bit between my hat and scarf.

                “You look like you got dumped into a snow pile,” James comments as he looks at my snow covered robes.

                “Practically did,” I groan as I start unwinding my scarf, but my hands are too stiff and cold.

                James chuckles and unwraps the scarf. “You’re cold,” he grins as he places a hand on my cheek.

                “Of course, I’m cold. Who know it’d be snowing after yesterday’s nice weather?”

                “Lily, it’s November, what do you expect?”

                “Rain,” I joke.

                “Right.”

                It’s only been a week since we got together, but it feels so natural being with him. It’s easy.

                “I’m going to send an owl after dinner.” I say as I take off my cloak and hat.

                “Why?”

                “I promised Mum and Dad that I’d be home for Christmas this year.” I say, biting my lip. I haven’t really asked James what he’s doing.

                “Actually, I was planning to go home too. Now, that we can use apparition, we can come back earlier. Dumbledore mentioned that he would like us to come back early.”

                “Did you know that I was planning to go home?”

                James nods, “your friends mentioned it.”

                “Ah, that makes sense.”

                “So do I get to meet your friends?” James says teasingly.

                “Sure, if we manage not to hex each other before then.”

                “Sounds good.”

                “PRONGS! OOOOH PRONGSIE! WHERE ARE YOU, PRONGSIE?” a voice bellows.

                “Oy! Sirius, shut up!” James shouts back.

                I roll my eyes. Why did I agree to let Sirius have the password?

                Sirius bounds into the room with a cheerful look on his face. “Ah, here’s my favourite couple!”

                “Didn’t know you had couples, Sirius,” I say with a raised eyebrow.

                “What’s up, Padfoot?” James asks calmly.

                “I was wondering where Moony was,” Sirius declares.

                “Sorry, can’t help you.”