Chapter 7 (Day 5 - Book )

7200

During their rift, Chanyeol was often too busy to ever pay attention to Baekhyun’s plans and his work. He knew Baekhyun’s interests in general, but work always caused him to be too tired to care. In the afternoon, for the first time, Chanyeol sat down and listened to Baekhyun’s plans.

Baekhyun moved slowly, but Chanyeol was used to his pace now. He was also use to Baekhyun occasionally forgetting things or having stalled responses. It wasn’t a rare occasion for Baekhyun to rub his eyes and close them for a while. Chanyeol, trying to do what he could, would go and retrieve water whenever possible.

Papers splayed out on the living room floor. There were small papers with notes on them as well as stapled packets. Baekhyun spread them out and Chanyeol watched as he struggled to organize them the way he wanted—if that was why he kept looking frustrated and confused.

“So,” Baekhyun started, “these are all my ideas and plans.”

“That’s a lot,” Chanyeol commented, looking at the mess. “Are these the ideas you had years ago?”

“No. I threw away everything I had back then.”

Chanyeol raised a brow. “Everything?”

Nodding, Baekhyun confirmed. “I threw everything away in late spring.”

“Why?”

“I wanted to start over. I realized I’ve been writing nonsense.”

“Well, nonsense is your thing, isn’t it?” Chanyeol said, offering a smile.

“It is, but I wanted to try something different. That’s all.”

Glancing down at the words on paper, Chanyeol grinned. “Well, I’m sure it’s gonna be good. Just like the rest.”

Looking at Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s eyes twinkled as his lips curved. “Thanks, Yeol.”

“You’re welcome.”

After a moment, he asked, “Will you read it?”

Chanyeol blinked. “Your book?”

Nodding, Baekhyun said, “Yeah. Once it’s published.” Then he added, “I won’t make you promise me that you’ll read it, though. I already told you that this week is the last thing I’ll ever ask of you…”

Feeling a heavy tug on his heart, Chanyeol lifted a hand and turned Baekhyun’s face towards him. “I’ll read it.”

Baekhyun looked more of sad than happy, which was the complete opposite of what Chanyeol expected. Biting his lips for a second, Baekhyun nodded again. “Thanks.”

“No problem.”

When Baekhyun paused for a second to close his eyes and take in deep breaths, Chanyeol looked at him with a concerned face. “Headache?”

“Yes…” Baekhyun said weakly. “Headache."