Chapter 6 ( Day 4 - Luna )

5760

On the fourth night, they huddled together under a blanket on the living room couch. The two of them—along with Luna, who sat on the floor—watched Titanic, one of Baekhyun’s favorite movies. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun would be gushing with tears in the end, but to his surprise, the wary male, who was too tired to even stay up past ten, fell asleep leaning against his shoulder.

He looked peaceful even in the dark with only the lighting from the television illuminating his face. Chanyeol took note of it. Deciding that it wasn’t worth Baekhyun waking up sore from sleeping in such a way, Chanyeol rose from the couch and picked Baekhyun up in his arms.

Luna got up to help, trailing right behind Chanyeol until he set Baekhyun in his own bed. After pulling off his shoes and tugging on the covers until it covered the fatigued male’s body, Chanyeol turned around and faced Luna, who was watching everything he was doing.

“Is he always this tired?”

There was a silence. “Not always,” she answered back.

Looking back at Baekhyun’s sleeping self, Chanyeol sighed. “He said he’s been suffering from a cold.”

“A cold…” Luna mumbled.

“Tell him to get medical attention if it gets worse.”

Luna began to start, but failed to go through with her words. She heaved her shoulders and nodded. “I’ll tell him.” She stood there for a few more minutes before figuring that Chanyeol wanted to be alone with Baekhyun. Retreating, she left the room.

Once Luna had gone, Chanyeol’s gaze turned completely onto Baekhyun. Moving his hand, he swayed the hair out of Baekhyun’s face. As he touched the strands, he noticed the feel of them. They weren’t as soft or as glossy as they used to be—or at least how he remembered. Chanyeol didn’t know what to think. In his mind, the cause might’ve been stress. When he looked over his shoulder, he saw the laptop that Baekhyun had open and plugged in.

In the end, Chanyeol reasoned that it was stress due to working too hard on another book. Leaning down, Chanyeol hesitated at first, but conceded to the desire. He kissed the top of Baekhyun’s forehead and let his lips linger for a moment above the fragile male before pulling back and stepping out of the room.