Chapter 4 ( Day 2 - Harmonized )

2880

They spent the second day singing. Chanyeol hadn’t touched a guitar in so long, he surprised himself by playing fairly well. He messed up on certain notes and couldn’t keep up with certain tempos, but all in all, Baekhyun clapped and smiled at him, praising him for remembering so much despite the years of lacking practice.

While Chanyeol played the guitar, he also sang, but it was Baekhyun who sang for the most part—or at least he tried. His voice cracked and he couldn’t go as high as he used to the way Chanyeol remembered. He would look upset, but Chanyeol would nudge him with his knee and give him a smile. Then they’d continue on with Chanyeol singing the leads and Baekhyun falling back to being the one singing along. Neither of them minded the change in roles. Their voices were still harmonized.

When the sun set and the stars came out, Baekhyun took a blanket outside and invited Chanyeol. In the yard behind their house, Baekhyun set the blanket down, and with the help of Chanyeol, they laid it out.

Lying on their backs, they lied in comfortable silence watching the stars glow. When Chanyeol commented on how rare the stars were in the city, Baekhyun mentioned the light pollution.

“They keep you from seeing the sky. It distracts you.”

“It keeps me from seeing this every night.”

“Yeah…” Baekhyun replied gently. “It does that.”

________________________________________