Chapter 5 ( Day 3 - Health )

4320

Chanyeol didn’t know if Baekhyun had always been clumsy. The first time Baekhyun knocked over a glass of water seemed like an accident, but when he squinted his eyes, trying to reach another glass twenty minutes later only to knock it down again, Chanyeol could see that something was wrong.

When they settled on the living room floor, getting ready to play a series of board games that Luna had gotten from the attic, Chanyeol couldn’t help, but ask. “Are you okay, Baek?”

Raising a slightly interested brow as he dusted off the games, Baekhyun hummed. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“I meant your health,” Chanyeol clarified. “Are you sure it’s just a cold?”

“What else could it be?” Baekhyun shrugged. “I’m tired all the time because of it.”

Chanyeol felt that there was something more, but he didn’t push on. “I see you taking medication sometimes,” he muttered. “Are those for the cold, too?”

Baekhyun paused before he lifted the top off the Monopoly game. “Yes…They’re for my cold. I get headaches sometimes.”

Slanting his lips, Chanyeol said, “Maybe you should go see a doctor again.”

“Maybe I should.”

The atmosphere was heavy, but as soon as the game started, it lightened. They had no stakes. No one was promised into taking off clothing for every property lost, but the laughter and joke-like insults were all real and no pretend.