XVII

During

I wake up to the sun shinning in my eyes. A groan escapes my lips and I pull the blanket off of me. I get up and open the door seeing a lot of soldiers awake and they all look at me once I get out of the room. My eyes divert to the ground walking past all of them and up the stairs. "How did you sleep?" Peter asks once he sees me. "Okay." I mumble looking out at the ocean. Do I love Tommy? Why did I kiss him? The questions repeat in my head over and over again. A hand gently touches my shoulder and I jump in shocked.

"I'm sorry." Alex says looking down at me. I don't respond I just continue looking out at the ocean. "Luna please just at leased look at me." He says sadly. I look at him and tears well up in my eyes. "Hey, Luna it's okay. Please don't cry." Alex says pulling me into a light hug. "I love you." I whisper so quietly that he might not have heard me. "I love you too." He says back casually. I shake my head at him, and he pulls away confused. "I love you more then a friend. I was so scared that you were dead the whole time I was in the army with Tommy. I was so scared to loose you. I have always loved you but you are to stupid to notice! You changed so much Alex. It's like I don't even know you anymore!" I snap pushing him off my tears streaming down my cheeks. Alex just stands there not saying anything. "And now George is dead. So I don't have anymore family left." I snap angry. "You didn't loose me." Alex whispers to me. "Well it sure as hell feels like it." I say walking past him back down to my little room area.