Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dreamland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BE FOREWARNED~ This chapter changes practically the whole plot so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the forest. There was fog on the ground and mist in the air. In front of me was the wolf spirit, with red hair.

"What do you want?" I hissed as she approached.

"I come to you today bearing unfortunate news." She said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"One of the Alphas from the North is planning to come here and challenge your Alpha." She said.

"Why is that bad?" I asked. I'm sure Aiden got tons of challenges to become leader.

"When this Alpha challenges another, he does not let them live. It is a battle to the death. And unfortunately it isn't looking good for Aiden." She replied.

I gasped, my eyes widening.

"He's gonna die?" I asked my heart splitting in two.

"Only if we don't do something." She said.

"What can we do?" I asked.

"Wait. First let me give you some background. This man murders for pleasure. He killed your mother and father." She said, solemn.

"Mom and dad?" I said, in shock, my heart breaking even more.

"The only reason I care is because he will kill every innocent wolf who won't bow down to him. He might even kill you. He will eventually bring the world to ruin, leading to our extinction." She said.

"So what can I do?" I asked.

"You have a power, deep within you, that has not yet awakened." She replied.

A power. You have got to be kidding me. I am now some magical being, aside from the eyes and being able to turn into a wolf.

She continued, " Your powers can help you, and will help you in the future."

"Wait. Why do I have powers all of a sudden? I was just an ordinary girl with cool eyes not too long ago."

"You are the reincarnation of a very special someone's daughter. She lived her life with her elf king and lover. She never found her mate, but she was happy with another. That was because her mate had died young. He was around age eight when he was killed in the forest by an unknown evil. They were the king and queen of elves, when wolves and elves lived in harmony. That was a very long time ago, back when wolves still lived with elves. She was half wolf and half elf. She lived in the kingdom of Avalon in the world of Faery, a world independent of the human one, living as a Luna's daughter and a queen. She had amazing powers that kept their world in harmony. Until evil took over the mind of a few wolves. They were greedy. They wanted the crown for themselves. They gathered up forces of darkness and took over the kingdom. The queen used all of her powers to suppress them and banish them from Faery. Avalon was in ruin. The queen was dying and powerless, the king was assassinated. Many wolves chose to leave Faery and go seek new adventure in the human world. Only a few remained, waiting for arrival of the lost princess to return. They did not find her though. When the queen passed, she left the wolves that stayed with immortality, so that they could live to find the lost princess. Many centuries have passed, but they are still faithful. They live to find any trace of the queen's lost daughter. You are the reincarnation of the princess, who died not long after disappearing. You have Elven blood mixed with your wolf blood. More Elven than wolf actually. Your grandmother loved a wolf. Your mother loved an Elven king. You are to become queen in Faery. Bring back the wolves faithful to you. Free the wolves living under that tyrant of an Alpha."