Chapter 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Old Forest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later.... (From end of part 1)

(Aiden's POV)

"We've been walking for hours! Why can't we turn wolf?" Kyle complained. Which was really bad because Kyle doesn't usually complain.

"We can't" Ana said.

"Why not?" I asked, frowning.

"Because any wolf who dare enter the old woods would be killed on sight. The trees, the animals, the portal, the guardian." She answered.

Ana sighed and stopped. "I have a weird feeling. I don't know what the guardian is yet. And it gives me a headache to try to think about it."

She sighed again. Then kept walking, moving our little group further into the woods.

I frowned and followed.

After a while, Sarah asked, "Why would wolves be killed on sight? I thought they lived in Avalon?”

"They did. And then those who turned got kicked out of Faery. Those who stayed are immortal, and Elves are just plain immortal anyways." She answered. "They sort of upped the security against wolves since then."

"Oh." Sarah said, and kept walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

I led them on. The ocean wasn't too far away. We would have to spend the night on a boat before we get to the old woods. We were still in a forest, least I could smell the salt in the air. We were close. I heard a few stumble over some roots behind me.

I looked up at the sky. The sun was just hovering above the closest tree. It was only about three in the afternoon.

"Let’s stop for a while." I mumbled to Aiden. I really didn't know what was going to happen when we got to the old forest, or even when we got to Faery, hell, I didn't know what was going to happen in Avalon. I wanted to linger in this forest as long as possible.

He nodded and stopped the rest of the group that came.

There were about fifteen of us: me, Aiden, Kate, Chase, Sarah, John, Kyle, Kayla, Tanya and six others.

I sat down next to a fairly young tree and stared out at the group.

"Are you all right?" Aiden asked as he came up to me.

"Yeah. Just a bit worried." I replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"I'm worried about what's going to happen now. After we get there, I mean." I said.

He nodded. "It's pretty scary to think of the things that could happen in Faery."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Faery is an unknown wilderness. We don't know the animals or plants or people that live there and could attack us. We don't even know if the portal leads right to Avalon. It could just open up in the world far away from Avalon and we could be running to get to Avalon for days." He answered.

I nodded. That did make sense. Considering that I didn't remember anything about the world, and I knew more of memory like things. Like the people in Avalon and the actual castle.

It was about ten minutes since we stopped.

"We should probably keep going. We have to find a boat, we'll stay the night on that, and then we'll get to the island by morning. We'll want to go through the old woods in the daytime." I said.