Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had reached a clearing and I looked around. There was a huge wooden cabin, and practically nothing else.

"Here we are." Sarah said. She was jumping around me and I was happy because she was, but inside I still felt confused. "We'll go into the main room with a few of the other girls. They'll give you the longest rundown of being a wolf in ten minutes." She smiled again.

I was still staring at the house. It was bigger than any house I'd ever been in. "How many people live here?" I asked.

"There are twenty- four of us, twenty- five with you." I heard a growl behind her. John, I thought. "If you want to stay." She added quietly.

 She led the way inside and called out, "Girls meeting in the living room!" Then she walked me into a large room off to the side with sliding doors. "All of the rooms are sound-proof. Half of the boys snore and some other stuff... like mates." She told me. I frowned. Mates?

I never even had a boyfriend. Never even talked to any guy, except Nick and some villagers who were herding me away from their families.

"Do I have a mate?" I asked, sounding kind of stupid.

"Everyone does. Even me." She blushed and shot a glance at John. "We'll explain when the girls get here." She said, still a little flustered at my question.

Suddenly three girls walked in. "Girls meeting. It means no boys- especially in wolf form- so get out John." One said.

He just growled at her, but Sarah said, "I'll be okay." And he left.

"Is this..." The smallest one started.

"Yeah." Sarah answered after the other girl trailed off. There were five of us in the room. Then turning to me, she said, "The smaller one is Kayla, the sexy one is Tanya, and the tall buff is Katherine."

"Call me Kate." She said.

I nodded to each of them. "I'm Anabelle, but call me Ana." I smiled.

"So you need the run-down on being wolf?" Tanya asked.

I nodded. "By two."

"Your birth hour." Kayla said. She didn't ask, she knew. I nodded... again.

"Have a seat. I'll be doing fighting. Tanya- mates, and Kayla- all the other stuff, and Sarah- add in what we missed." Kate said. They nodded. We all sat in the circular formation of a couch and two chairs. Kate and I took the chairs, and the three girls took the couch, so they could all see me, and so I could see all of them.

"We should start with mates, then me, and then Kayla. Sarah you can just add in as we go." To me, Kate sounded sort of like a leader. I must have looked a little uncomfortable, because she added, "I'm our Alpha's sister. I tend to take charge when in girl's meetings. Questions as we go, okay?"

"Okay." I said. Now it made sense to why she was ordering us. At least it helped my situation.

Tanya started, "Mates are, like, your other half. There's a way to tell who it is and stuff. You'll feel, like, in love the moment you see them. Any contact you'll feel, like, a burning or heat. Then you'll feel longing and all that stuff. There's a mating process, but we try to stay away from those who aren't sixteen yet, because they are, like, way too young." She glanced at Sarah before continuing, "I mean, so are sixteen year-olds, but we're 'of age' so, yeah." She was chewing gum and saying 'like' a lot.