Chapter 6

Photo to the right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second Kiss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

He was mad- I could tell. When I tried to step forward, he just stepped in front of me and growled in my mind to get back. I put my hand on his back and he shivered, but he didn't turn his head.

Something in my head told me what to do, but it wasn't through the mind link- and it was the woman's voice, the one from my dream with the red hair.

Use your eyes. You can make them change. Change them, scare the intruders. Choose an interesting color- not one of regular eyes. You can't let Aiden fight. He'll never stop. He will send even his pack to Hell. Hold him back and change your eyes.

I had no fucking clue what the hell she was talking about, but I did it anyways.

I thought how I had felt my eyes change that one time that I was showing gratitude to Nick's wife. I chose a color, and I felt them change.

The girl screamed and the guy fell backwards through the window. Then the girl jumped, changing mid-air into wolf form. They both landed on the bushes under my window, twenty or thirty feet down. One might have sprained their paw, but they took off running anyways followed by the other rogues.

When I turned towards Aiden, he was human again, wearing a wolf pelt and staring at me. He still looked angry, so I walked up to him and hugged him. His muscles were tense, but he softened and wrapped his arms around me.

It felt good, to be in his arms. I felt like nothing in the world could tear me away from him. He would protect me to the ends of the earth and longer.

Finally, he spoke up. "Why did you do that? Use your eyes instead of letting me fight?"

I sighed. He had totally just ruined my moment. "A voice told me to. It was the spirit woman's- the one with the red hair- she had told me to... Otherwise you would kill everything around you, including your pack." I lowered my voice on the last part, hoping he wouldn't hear. I knew he did, though, because wolves have extra sensitive hearing, even in human form.

He pretended he didn't and hugged me harder. "I know." he whispered.

I swallowed. I might regret this, but I knew he would feel better if I did. I stood on my tip-toes, but I still wasn't his height. I did get to touch our lips together, and he bent over a little to kiss me back.

We had our arms around each other, our lips locked, and our bodies were so close we couldn't have gotten any closer. It felt like heaven.

'Kate. How old is your brother?'

'Nineteen in two months. Why?' She answered.

'Because I think I'm in love?' I offered. I had blocked out all the others and was only talking to her, so nobody else could really hear me.

She laughed and cut off the conversation.

Now it was back to reality. We had broken apart, breathing heavily. Then he turned his head away. "Do you know how much I love you even though I just met you?" He asked.

"Well, I'm very lovable. Shouldn't you feel love for your mate anyways?" I asked.

He laughed at my first comment and answered my second, "Sometimes."

He was looking at me in a weird way and asked, "Are your eyes supposed to turn gold?"

"Gold? Why do you ask? My eyes are like a mood ring. There is no gold."

"Your eyes had turned to like a liquid gold when you turned to me. Like a mood ring?" He changed the topic of the subject. "So right now you're passionately in love?"

I turned my head away, embarrassed he could read me so easily. "Maybe. I have a favor to ask you, Aiden."

"What is it?" He sounded suddenly concerned.

"I want to go home and say goodbye to a few things, and people."

"I thought you weren't a big shot back home. Yeah. I'll take you." He said.

"Now?"

"Yes, now. If that's what you want."

I nodded, and we walked downstairs. I was mentally getting ready for seeing my home for the last eleven years for maybe the last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked leisurely to Mr. Kenny's house. Even the rogue side of the forest was full of birds and happy chirps. When we reached their side, we did walk a little faster though.

I ducked under the gate and walked inside. Aiden followed me, curiously looking around. "Does that gate keep the wolves out?" He asked.

"Yeah. All the other wild animals too. The really low and really high areas have barbed wire. It's also a little too thin for big wolves, even if they dig for five days. There's even concrete a few feet under. They can't get in by digging or climbing." I said.

He suddenly tensed up, turning his head towards the front door muttering, "Dammit there's more here?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as the front door swung open and Nick stood there with a bunch of cleaning supplies.

We stepped inside and closed the back door and Nick closed the front. "Hey, Nick." I said.

"What are you doing back so soon?" Nick asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Um... I got your note at one in the morning, went back to bed and came here to clean seven hours later? Your note said 'I'm not sure if I'll be coming back.' So it was kind of a surprise to see you after seven- ten hours." He muttered.

I looked at Aiden. He was so tensed up, he was shaking.

"Hey. It's okay he's a friend. What's wrong Aiden?" I asked.

"He's a wolf." Was his simple reply.

Nick tensed, but didn't get as mad as Aiden.

"He's a WHAT NOW?" I yelled, looking between the two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~