Chapter 5- 'I'm sorry'

Michael P.O.V

Why did I do that? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have kissed her. She's my best friend. She doesn't love me. Why would she?!

'I'm-I- I'm so sorry.. I didn't..' I kept shaking my head and before I knew it, I was out of the sea. I'd grabbed my skinny jeans and I was running home. I didn't look back. I couldn't.

Natalia P.O.V

He kissed me. It was so perfect. Why was he sorry? Why did he just run away? I sighed to myself and walked out the water. I put my dress back on and tidied my hair up in a messy bun.

'Hey Natalia! When did you get back?!' A tall teenage boy said

'Luke!' I said slightly too enthusiastic. His girlfriend stood next to him didn't look too impressed.

'I got back yesterday' I smiled.

'Have you seen Michael? Sorry.. I'm being rude.. Natalia this is my girlfriend Megan' Luke smiled Megan

'It's nice to meet you' Megan smiled at me

'I'm going to get a drink.. don't miss me too much' She giggled and kissed Luke's cheek before walking away.

'How have you been?' Luke smiled

'I'm good.. you?' I smiled slightly

'I'm great! Has something happened?' he frowned

'Um.. Michael kissed me.. and now he's run away from me before I could say anything..'

'He kissed you?! He's waited like 3 years to do that.. now he's run away? That's not like him..'

'Wait.. 3 years?!' I gasped

'Shit.. I wasn't supposed to tell you that.. Um.. just give him some space? Call him later or go see him?'

I was still trying to get my head around the fact he'd liked me for 3 years.. 3 years. I'd known him that long. He'd kept it away from me all this time. But why?

I'd been so busy trying to get my head around things, Luke and his girlfriend had said 'bye' and continued walking. I headed back to my fathers.

'Hey Nat' he smiled at me. I ignored him and walked up to my room, shutting the door behind me and crawling into bed, squeezing my eyes shut.

---------------------------------------------

It had been 2weeks since Michael and I kissed. He hadn't spoken to me or answered my messages. I'd been round to his house a couple of times but his mum said he was ill or something.

*Hey, can we meet? M. x*

Moments later I found myself replying.

*Where and When? N.x*

*Beach outside my house in 10? M.x*

*Sure N. x*

I wasn't sure how to react to the message I got from him. He seemed different. I walked out onto the beach and sat down on the hot sand waiting for Michael. He sat down next to me. We sat in silence for a few moments.

'Hey..' he said quietly

'Hi..' I replied

'So um.. about what happened..'

'Michael just tell me..'

'I like you.. a lot.. and I guess I was just scared to tell you because I didn't want to ruin things between us..' he sighed

'The kiss didn't ruin it Michael.. The fact you ran away did..' I sigh

Michael turned and looked me straight in the eyes, then looked down

'I'm sorry..' He muttered

'Me too..'

We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes before Michael got up. I frowned slightly before he offered his hand. I wasn't sure where we were going but it had tp be better than sitting in silence. He intwined his fingers into mine and looked at me,

'We don't have to..' he said. I squeezed his hand and intwined fingers.

'I want to..' I smiled.

We walked down the beach with the sun shining on our backs to a ice-cream stand. We bought ice-cream and smashed them into each others noses. Michael kissed my nose to get the ice-cream off it, causing me to scrunch up my face and giggle.