Chapter 15- Hospitals

Natalia P.O.V.

The doctors say that she's in a coma. She'd lost so much blood from both the fall hitting her head and the baby.

The doctors informed me of the death of my unborn brother. How I was supposed to break it to my mother that she's lost the baby was going to be heartbreaking. I knew how excited she was to have it- and the fact that she didn't even know that she was going to have a baby boy- she'd planned little outfits ready for when the baby arrives- the fact she isn't ever going to be able to dress her baby for the first time was going to crush her.

I would sit and watch her all through the day and all through the night. I refused to leave her in case she woke up. All she could do was lie and sleep. The doctors said that sleep would be helpful to repair her injuries. Although they worried about her memory. They weren't sure about how serious the fall was and how it may have effected her memory- would she be able to remember what happened or even who I am?

The police said that Shaun had given evidence and admitted it was all his fault. He said that it had been going on for weeks and that he was sorry- although sorry wasn't going to be enough. Nothing could ever happen for me to forgive him. Nobody ever hurts my mother and gets away with it.

"I'm going to go get you some fresh from the house.. The police says it's okay to go inside now.." I said kissing the top of her head

"I'll bring you back some food too.. You haven't eaten properly in days" I continued

"Michael.. I'm not hungry" Natalia sighed

"You are, your body is just telling you otherwise because of everything that's going on... If anything happens I have my phone.. I love you" I smiled slightly kissing her softly

"I love you too" Natalia smiled back

Michael P.O.V.

It had been a few days since I arrived in LA. We'd spent the past 3days in the hospital room with Natalia and her mother. Seeing Natalia upset was ridiculously heartbreaking. She refused to leave her mother, she was determined to make sure that someone always stays with her day in day out- all she could do was cry.. I didn't know how much more crying she had left in her or even how much fight she had. If she was anything like her mother, she had a lot of fight left. She wasn't going to give up. Even now.

I'd called her dad back in Australia to let him know what had happened. He'd told us to take our time and if she needed him to postpone the wedding he would, although Natalia was determined to make sure she made it. Even with the wedding in a few weeks. The band had canceled several of the shows in Australia that we were going to do, Natalia and her family were more important at this moment in time.

Natalia P.O.V.

After Michael left, several family members and some of mums friends came to visit her. Most of them said that they thought that something was different about Shaun for the past few weeks but nobody shared it before it was too late. My grandma arrived to check up on me and my mother. She worried about how pale I was looking and how I hadn't left the room for days. She promised to come back and see us in a couple of days.

It was getting late and I had no idea where Michael had got to. Before I knew it I was asleep in a hospital chair with my head on the hospital bed, this was the first time I'd slept since I arrived in the country.

Another 2days passed. That day was either a good day or a horrible day. It was the day the nurses wanted to try to wake her up.. They made us both stand outside in case something was going to happen. They shut the blinds on the room so that we couldn't see how it was going. We were left in a hospital corridor, holding hands and hoping the best.

30minutes of different sounds and noises later, the nurses walked out of the room. There faces said it all.

"I'm so sorry.." The nurse sighed

My heart broke. No noise came out from me. Just tears, streaming down my cheeks and my knees giving way, making me collapse into a ball on the floor. Michael collapsed with me. Pulling me into his chest and squeezing me tighter than he ever had before, allowing me to turn his shirt into a waterfall of tears that ran off my face.

That bastard of a man had not only killed my unborn brother. But my mother too.