Chapter 4- Surprise Day

I woke up late afternoon, forgetting that I was in Michael's bed. He'd kept his promise and slept on the sofa, he didn't look very comfy. I got up and shook him lightly

'Michael..' I said, repeating his name to attempt to wake him up.

I wanted him to go into his bed and to tell him I was going to leave him to it. He didn't wake up. Michael was always a heavy sleeper. I wrote him a note and covered him with a blanket he'd put on me from last night and walked back to my house.

*Hey sleepy, tried to wake you as you didn't look comfy, gone home to shower and get ready, see you at 2 .N xx*

When I got home my father asked no questions as to where I was, he'd known I was at Michael's. That's where I go if ever I want to get away or just wanted company. I showered and changed into a flowery dress, fish tailed my hair and sorted my make-up. I wasn't sure as to how fair I'd be walking today so I wore my white converse. I put a purple flower bracelet around my wrist and waited for Michael to arrive. 10 minutes later he arrived. He walked in wearing black skinnies which he practically lived in, a green day tee, boots and sunglasses. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

'Where are we going?' I ask

'I told you, its a surprise' He cheeky grins at me and walks out of my fathers house.

I walked next to him down the street. I still had no idea where we were going, I loved surprises but then I hated the idea of not knowing what it is but then that made it more exciting.

After a 20minute walk we arrived at our destination. We were at Sydney's number 1 aquarium. All the years I'd come over for summer, I'd never visited.

'I remember you saying you liked turtles' he smiled

'You do?' I smiled back

'It's one of the first things I remember you telling me.. when I walked into your room for the first time you had ocean wallpaper and turtles everywhere'

'Woah.. that's embarrassing.. you can remember that long ago?'

'I remember everything you tell me..' he smiles looking to the floor

'All noted up in here' he said tapping his head. I smiled at him as we walked through the aquarium. When we reached the tunnel we sat to the side on a sofa. It was all so beautiful, the water was so clean and the detail under sharks stomaches was amazing.

Michael's P.O.V

She looked so perfect. I'd liked her for so long. Each summer saying bye to her was harder. This summer would be the year I tell her. I couldn't be without her anymore. Even the way she is just sat there. Her brown hair shining as the sun is on her. She's like an angel. My angel. But she wasn't mine.

Natalia's P.O.V

'Whats wrong' I frowned at Michael

'Nothing..'

'Something is wrong.. your quiet..and just.. not Michael'

'It's just..' he sighed. 'I really like this girl.. and she's not mine.. and I want her to be mine.. it doesn't matter.. honestly' he smiled slightly.

I nodded. I didn't want to ruin the day, and if he said to leave it, I'll leave it.

We got up and carried on walking through the aquarium. When we got to the end, there was a giant cartoon plastic octopus.

'We need to take a photo with it!' I smiled

'Let's do it!' Michael pulled out his phone as I stood next to the octopus.

'You need to get in on this!' I said gesturing him over.

Before I knew it, Michael was sticking out his tongue as was I. Once we'd taken our selfie with the octopus, we went to the shop and bought beanie teddies then left.

'Where now sir?' I smiled

'Lunchtime!' he smiled wide.

Michael loved food. That and bed. I hated the fact he could eat anything he wanted and he wouldn't even gain a pound. We went for lunch at a diner. Burgers of course, with fries and milkshake. After lunch we went to the beach.

'I've missed this place..' I sigh quietly

'Race you to the sea?' I smiled cheekily and started running. He got stuck halfway pulling off his skinny jeans. I ran straight past him after pulling off my dress and taking my hair out of my fish tail. I was in the sea moments before Michael was. He stayed in his top. Michael was quite insecure about his body.

'You look amazing..' he smiled at me stood in a red bikini.

'Thanks..' I said looking down, blushing.

'Hey.. never look down.. always look at the sky' he said lifting my chin and smiling at me. I smiled back, looking into his eyes.

We were so close I could feel the heat of his body warm mine, could hear the soft whisper of his breath as he exhaled. He inched closer. I looked up at him, his soft greeny brown eyes already locked on mine. He ran his fingertips up my forearm, leaving a trail of goosebumps blooming in their wake. He brought his hand up to cup my cheek, his thumb running along the curve of my cheekbone. I nestled into his hand, feeling his warmth seep into mine. His lips parting slightly, his eyes flitting down to rest on mine. His kiss was soft, but urgent. Our lips moved in unison.