Chapter 2.

>Picture of Felix Stark, played by Alexis Papas.

I think my heart just stopped, literally stopped. My eyes went wide and I couldn't think properly. What was he doing here? I only told Hannah and Cassie, and both of them knew I wasn't ready to face him..not yet. Especially not now since me and Beau came back home. This is just too much.

Everything was going out of the window, my plan for the day was being disrupted by this fine specimen of a man. Was there anything else that would happen today that I didn't know about? Maybe I won a few millions?

My eyes went wide and I licked my lower lip, feeling my hands go wet with the nervousness. The inside of my stomach must've flipped several times over the space of five seconds because I was feeling sick to my stomach.

Felix was here, and he looked better than he did five years ago. His jet black hair had a tint of dark brown in them, barely visible but I noticed that about him; his tanned skin was glowing in the summer sunlight, making the muscles on his chest more prominent and let me tell you, the black stubble wasn't helping the fact that his white shirt was opened.

''Papa?'' I felt little hands tuck on my pair of jeans, snapping my eyes from Felix to my little cutie. I picked him up and smiled warmly at him, brushing his black hair-just like his Fathers-out of his turquoise eyes.  This was not the way I wanted them to meet, I wanted to wait till the summer was over in order for those two to make any sort of contact. Cheers, Felix, I highly appreciate you bombarding my family reunion like this.

''I'll take you back to Cassie okay? Papa needs to talk right now. '' I was about to walk to the living room but the little hands stopped me, placing themselves on my chest as his eyes went wide and the look he gave Felix made me feel guilty.

I told Beau about him, I wasn't going to lie to my child who his father was, but I wasn't telling the complete truth either. He knew bits and pieces of who Felix was, and how he looked as I showed him pictures of me and him. Beau's eyes shone with disbelief and his expression was so happy, as if he just received the best gift in the whole world.

There were times when I felt my heart break when I woke up in a middle of the night to check on him and grab a glass of water, just for the small light at the back of his room to shine on his face where the tears used to be on his face. The amount of times I heard him talking to his pet fish if they thought his daddy left him because he didn't want him.

Or asking them if maybe I hate him that he left us. I never felt that way; I could never hate my own child.

''Cutie...'' he looked back at me with those big eyes of his, his small hands were shaking a bit and he looked back at Felix once more.

''I'll leave you three to talk, okay?'' my mother patted my back and gave it a reassuring squeeze as she exited the hallway to the big kitchen at the end of the house. My breathing was coming out slowly and I felt my heart pound against my chest, shit. What the hell did I get myself into? This was a bad idea after all.

Beau put his hands on my ear in a cupping motion and started whispering. "Why is daddy here?"

I looked back at him, and then at Felix. He couldn't have heard it; I and Beau mastered the arts of whispering that even a wolf couldn't pick it up from such a distance. My head went left and right and he nodded, putting his hands over my neck and his face in the crook of it.

"Just don't say anything about him being your daddy okay, I want to speak to him beforehand and find out what's going on. Can you do that for me, baby?" I kissed his left ear as I said that and he nodded, smiling warily at me and back at Felix.

What I'm doing right now is for the sake of my child growing up stress free; he's too young to find out the whole thing. A story about Felix and I breaking up, and me loosing contact with him is what should keep Beau away from my mate. I'm not exactly lying, mind you. Felix chose the life he wanted, and I or my child weren't going to be left on the bleachers while his life continues without us.