+++ 27 - DANCE WITH THE DEMON BEAST +++

ROSSO

I ordered my men to hide the evidences and make the crash look like an accident before I walk back to my bike. I was looking down and didn’t noticed Lucas leaning on it watching me take over the commotion. When I looked up, I was more than surprised at him still being here. He was staring at me with an emotional gaze, his eyes lingering on my battered body. He stood up still not moving away so I circled around him and straddled my bike while looking for my keys. He turned around and raised his fingers to my eye level showing my keys dangling from it. I snatched it but wasn’t fast enough because he pulled back his hand before I was able to grab it. I raised a brow and tilted my head to the left silently asking what he wanted from me.

“Move back, I’m driving.” He spoke.

“No. I’m not letting you take my baby.” I retorted, not happy that he will ride my precious bike.

“I’m not in the mood to argue.” His icy voice spoke of authority even I knew I cannot disobey so I quietly move at the back as he bestrode it and flicked up the stand. He glanced at me before whispering. “Hold on tight.” So I hugged him from behind, wrapping my arms on his torso, feeling the strength of his 8-pack built as he revved up the engine before speeding away from the scene.

It has been half an hour on the road when I noticed we are leaving the city. I frowned but didn’t ask any questions. If he tries to kill me somewhere, I will not die in vain. He should know that I will fight for my life. I was so busy thinking all kinds of situation that I didn’t noticed we had stopped and he was watching me still holding him tight. When I realized our position, I immediately unhook my arms from his body and got off the bike. He soon followed while waiting for me to do something. Knowing that I will not talk, he exhaled deep as he intertwined our fingers and guided me to a secluded path. Unsure what to do, I followed him but still wary of our surroundings. I may have trusted him in the past but things have changed. We are no longer who we were before. I was so into my thoughts that I didn’t noticed the surrounding.

We stopped in front of a clearing with forest surrounding us and in the middle stood a beautiful cabin made of woods and tree trunks. I stared at it mesmerized at the combination of the forest background and the house itself. Lucas opened the door and pulled me inside to see my reaction. I looked around removing my arms from his hold and walked to the middle. The inside was so marvelous and warm. This is what I told him when he asked years ago what type of house I want to have. That was when I frown and return my gaze back at Lucas who was lingering on the doorway.

Why did he took me here? And who even owned this place? Were the questions floating on my mind and I know the only way to find out the truth is to ask him. And asking him will definitely lead to more questions. I wasn’t sure if I am ready for those yet but we have to talk. That I am certain. Lucas kept on regarding me with an unknown look in his eyes. I leveled my gaze at him trying to read his mind. Unfortunately, I am not a mind reader. So I had to resort in voicing my questions directly.

“Why did you took me here?” I looked at him wanting to see the answers in his eyes.

“We need to talk.” He simply replied before moving inside and sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace.

Silence hovered around us before I followed and sat beside him. “Does it have to happen here?” I bite back.

“No. But I don’t want any interference.”

“Alright, then let’s talk.”

“What will happen to Sovran?” Lucas asked after a few seconds.

“We will continue our legacy. Death is ensured for those who betrayed me. Imprisonment for those who abetted with my enemies. And alliances for the men who helped me.” He wanted answers so I gave him mine.

“Your retribution is over. The men who made you suffer are all dead. What more is there for you to keep on living this kind of life?” He asked perplexed at my response.

I faced him looking grave and gave him the reply he needed to hear. “You. As long as you are alive, I will stay here. Like this. Until you are forgiven of your sin.”

“Can’t you find it in your heart to forgive me? I have suffered the loss I felt when you left 4 years ago. Now that you are here, I wanted to keep you by my side.” He moved nearer and took my hand without breaking our eye contact.

His answer though didn’t dwell good on me so I snapped at him. “Am I a toy you can take anywhere with you? I don’t think so.”

“You definitely are not. You know what I mean?” His restraint slowly fading.

Changing the subject, I inquired. “How did Federico got a hold of you?”

“We were unaware that his men were already at the tarmac waiting for us. When we stepped out of the vehicle, they attacked. I think he injected something to make me unconscious.” His voice fading as he remembered the earlier event. “I was worried he will kill you earlier.”

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. He may have been worried but the Rosso in me prevented me from feeling any emotion about what just took place. “I am not afraid of death. What I am afraid of is for death to catch up on me before my retribution is completed. Now that it has, then I am ready.”

“No, you can’t. I am not ready.” He vetoed still bothered at what I said.

“So what?” I tried pulling back my hand he held but his grip only tightened.

He stared me in the eye showing all his emotions and the promises he offers. “You can’t leave me alone. Not now that I found you again.” He pinned a hair strand that fell on my cheeks back to my ear before leaning in. “I killed my father to save you. I gave you the death you wanted. I am not leaving again even if you ask me. I will not let you go.”

“You cannot tame me. Don’t even try.” I shook my head knowing that he will never be able to tame the beast within me. He can try but he can no longer quench the hunger it yearns for. My beast is no longer, it has turned into a demon craving for more.

“I know you never wanted someone who’ll tame your demon. All you needed is to find someone whose demon was as crazy as yours. I offer you mine, if you accept me, and we will glide into a macabre dance with the song of chaos.” He worded it the wildest way possible making me sneer.

The air suddenly drops as we stare at each other. “And what made you think I will accept you?”

“Because I still love you. I will forever do.”

With that, Lucas shortened the remaining distance between us as he claimed my lips in a searing kiss. A punishing one for making him wait too long. A destructive one for bringing him down to his knees. A powerful one for showing him who the real beast is. The strongest kiss branding our souls forever.

We have different issues and we needed to talk about it but tonight, we let go of our past. Tonight, we made the moment embed in our souls so we may never forget that there will always be someone who will be there for us. No matter what. The love we have may be cracked but it is forever. And we finally claimed what is rightfully ours.

Lucas is my light. My guiding star. My path in the wild forest. My mate. Vittoria may have been buried but she was never gone. She was just in the shadows waiting to reappear again. And when Rosso finishes her purpose, Vittoria will return. Now that my retribution has been done, I will return whole again. I hope Lucas will be happy.