+++ 11 - RISE OF SOVRAN +++

VITTORIA

While we were airborne, Morrigan already informed Nicolo’s VP and Consiglieri about what happened. She also told him that due to the current problem the Sovran Don is undergoing, he transferred his command to the new Don and everyone will need to obey the one who will now lead the Sicilian mafia. As soon as we arrived in Naples, someone picked us up at the airport. His name is Federico Rossetti. A 22 year old brown hair-blue eyed Italian who is the VP and the temporary CEO of LupoTessile as well as the adviser of Sovran. Federico had always wanted me since the time we first met. He tried courting me and even attempted to ask my hand in marriage to which my brother just laughed thinking that his VP is joking. Nicolo didn’t believed that Federico was serious in having me but I saw the truth from the way he looked at me too well. Those were the eyes of a greedy man who will do anything to get what he want. And he wanted me simply because I am an Arcadi. Even if I am adopted, having the Arcadi name attached to him once he have me, will make him equally powerful as Nicolo. My brother didn’t thought of it as Federico never gave him a reason to, but I saw how he interacted with us. I know from the way he acted and spoke to us. I knew simply by gut instinct. I felt his greed from within him. And I had never been wrong with my instinct.

Anyway, guess who will be the Don of Sovran

Yes. It’s going to be the adopted sister of Nicolo Arcadi.

ME.

No one knew about who I am. Actually, everyone were unaware of Nicolo’s private life so they were oblivious who the Sovran Don actually is. Nicolo made sure I was safe and secured from his enemies. My profile was deeply hidden that only his tech team, guards, Morrigan and Federico were knowledgeable about me. And it will be a massive revelation for everyone once they learn about it.

I don’t mind it. In fact, I feel privileged that he trusted me enough to take over the organization. I knew all the tricks of the trade because I met some people in the same line of business before and after I became part of the family. The people I knew always tell me that the current Sovran Don is fair but strict with his laws. I am proud to learn it was my brother who was the top dog they were talking about.

The only downside of being in a man’s world is their prejudice to a woman saying that she is not supposed to be at the top. Everyone said that if a female becomes the leader of any mafia, it will fall because no woman can head such tough organization. Bigotry and gender inequality polluted the air in this world and I plan to change that soon.

If they don’t like my rules, they can leave. But. Only if they can offer something in return. That's one of our many rules if a person is requesting to extract themselves from the mafia. My brother instilled on me that an Arcadi woman must be fair and objective but firm and unyielding with her goals. He taught me the contrast between the safety of the normal world and the dangers of the criminal world. I think even if he never told me about their secret lives, he made sure I can give command over our land. He must have seen this coming.

You might be curious about Sovran and what it is or how we are connected to it?

Let me tell you.

Nicolo was known as the Greek Mafia King but what no one can tell was that he also rules over the Sicilian mafia under the Sovran mob. He is known in the underworld as the Capofamiglia – the Italian term for the mafia boss or Don. He oversees all of the gangs in Sicily. Nobody knew of his real identity except his family and the Consiglieri so as to prevent anyone from killing him or any of his family members for the coveted title. He went to meetings and rendezvous but had never shown his face. He was always in the dark but still did his best in leading his people. He was the one who authorizes all dealings made anywhere in the country but the person who gives out the orders to each gang are his Sotto Capo – or Underbosses/Seconds-in-command. He also has a Consiglieri – better known as the mafia adviser – who helps him with the laws of the mafia.