+++ 22 - PROMETHEUS. WELCOME TO HELL. +++

ROSSO

After the gory encounter, I thanked Quinn for her and Wölfe’s aid before they left. She responded with a hug and made me promise to call her if I needed anything. The other Dons left after that. Some were glad that we were unhurt, others disoriented about what happened but most were disappointed about it. I groaned at them for wanting to take over my territory as it appeared that I cannot handle this kind of mess, but I assured them that this will be over soon. Now I have other men wanting my position.

The enemies who were captured alive were sent to the underground prison for interrogation. I ordered Giovanni to check the wounded and round up our remaining men to patrol our estate. I know for a fact that Federico will attack again and this time we have to be prepared.

After cleaning up, I went down to my office where Romanov, Jedidiah, my sentries and Sotto Capos as well as Lucas are huddling in and talking about Sovran and it’s impending dismissal as a mafia territory. Hearing them talking about me made me stop opening the door and listen to their conversation.

“I, for one, don’t want Sovran to be demolished. They are the 3rd biggest mafia in Europe and has the most clientele. If they go down, our businesses goes down with them. You know that Vittoria was able to combine our patrons to her clients. She cannot leave here otherwise our wealth will be lost. We have to protect her and Sovran.” Hearing Romanov defend me made me smile. I knew I can count on him during this time of trial.

“I know that. They are meddling with her affairs simply because they wanted to get her clients and patrons to go to them instead. They will gain more if she goes down and her clients transfers to them.” It was Jedidiah who voiced that concern.

“What do you think she will do if that happens?” One of the Sotto Capos asked.

“This is Vittoria we are talking about. She was able to con them before when she was younger. She can do it again now that she has power.” Giovanni answered that question.

“Wait, what do you mean by that?” Lucas inquired with a hint of curiosity in his voice.

“Vittoria is not just intelligent. She is also street smart. Before she met the Arcadis, she was under the Italian, Sicilian and Albanian mafia’s watch. They employed her as hacker and tracer if they needed to get info about other people. The Italian Don became fond of her that when she requested to be removed off their watch list, he allowed it even if it will defy the one rule we all follow: No one can leave the mafia.” Piero replied at him.

“How was she able to get out?”

“Basically, she was not part of any mob so we cannot subject her to silence, however, for the sake of the respecting the Omertà, she swore under oath and had the five mafias’ insignia tattooed on her skin. That was also the reason why she didn’t went to Greece when Nicolo and Morrigan transferred.”

“She had tattoos of the mafia crests? But where?”

“She had five crests hidden in her body. Only the Dons know where their own crests are located but they didn’t know where the others are. It was a way of respecting the Dons.” That was Giovanni.

“So she had the Italian, Albanian and obviously the Sicilian mafias but who are the other two?”

“Germany and Russia.”

“She had the biggest mobs backing her up. Why didn’t you or they help her earlier when she needed it?”

“She abide by Sovran’s rule. They do not meddle with other affairs unless they are required to take action or was asked for assistance. She wanted that same rule to apply with the other mobs. She wanted to show every Don who disrespected her that she can take on all issues within her own territory. That is why we only took care of our own people.” Fabio explained to Lucas.