+++ 16 - VITTORIA. ROSSO. RED. +++

ROSSO

I throw on my black helmet and zip up my black leather jacket before revving up my baby’s engine and speeding out of the building. I was supposed to inform Giovanni if I leave the premise but then, I don’t want anyone to find me right now. I have to begin the plan before they starts to move. Nicolo trusted me with the organization and I swore on his and Morrigan’s graves that I will not let Sovran totally go down. The game is already in motion. We just have to wait for the players to make their move.

After a few hours, I finally arrived at my destination. The decrepit looked uninhabitable but then again, looks can be deceiving. I took my bike inside the shed before opening a hidden door on the back wall. I entered the dark and thread almost blindly, making sure not to trip myself, on the stairs before I came upon another door. I opened it and fingered the switch beside it. Lights flooded the room showing high technology apparatus in every corner. I smiled at my bat cave. I built it when I first came back in Sicily. This is my safe haven. Nobody knows about this place. Whenever I leave, this is where I always go. Besides, no one will try to enter a private property especially at a place that looked like it will collapse any second. I walked in the middle of the room and activated my personal security system. It has a voice command prompt that only I can activate.

“Red program activate.”

“Red program activating…

Initializing in 10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

Hello, Vittoria.”

“Good day to you, Red. I’m going to need your help finding certain people and their secrets.”

“Secrets are what I love the most.” My AI is quite a sarcastic bitch, eh? Goes to show she got it from her owner.

“I know. I’m feeding it in the scanner. Once you got the file, work on it. I need the full report in 3 hours.”

“I’ll have it by then.”

After that, I heard a low hum coming from my servers as Red starts to dissect each file I received from Giovanni. The files are about my Consiglieri & bosses’ dealings and transactions as well as personal information. I commanded Red to check any discrepancies that will implicate them so that I have a reason to end the game. I gave them a lot of time to think it over but it seemed they never thought of regretting their decision. While waiting, I sat on my desk and checked my emails as well as other reports I needed to finish.

You might have thought Red got my name wrong but she didn’t. I am Vittoria. And yes, I named my program the same as mine. My full birth name was Vittoria Rosso Giuseppe. We took out Giuseppe and kept Vittoria Rosso then adding Arcadi when Nicolo adopted me but I used Vittoria Lupescu to keep my identity a secret and have a simple life. It was not much of a problem since Nicolo was acquainted with people from the agencies and facilities around. I told my siblings that this will be a new start for me. A new beginning as a different person.

I have decided to rename myself after I left Lucas and we went back to Naples. I set Vittoria aside and put on Rosso. Since then, I had created a personality fitted as La Riggina of Sovran. It is also to prevent the police and Lucas from finding me. I removed all of Vittoria Arcadi’s records as well as any virtual news about me, all thanks to Red, making me one of the most influential yet mysterious woman in our land. I have informed my family about it as well as my sentries. At first they couldn’t believe it so I had to tell them my reasons to change. They accepted and agreed to help me.

As I have mentioned before, I had mastered weapon handling and have knowledge about almost all self-defense and weaponry known to man making me unstoppable for when I emerged as Rosso. And Red has become my greatest ally and aid. She is my very own artificial intelligence program that I built to extract any information fed on her and hack into any computers connected online. Her progenitor was the program I used way back when we found out about Lucas’ true intention. I was able to remodel and upgrade Red further through the years. Now they got nothing to hold me down. And even if Lucas and his father’s mob comes in the picture together with my own traitors, I will not hold back.

They are the ones who started this war but I will be the one to end it.

With blood.