+++ 23 - BEAUTIFUL. DEADLY. BEASTLY. +++

LUCAS

It only took me fifteen minutes before I rushed out of Prometheus and retched my gut on the trash bin. After I was done throwing up, I raised my head and found the others loitering around. Giovanni, Piero and Fabio stared at me with pity, Romanov and Jedidiah with amusement. The rest ignore me as they had their eyes fixed on the door as if waiting for something entertaining. Their eyes glowing with crazy mania. Few minutes later, a loud and pained cry bellowed from the inside followed by screams of plea to the beast. My eyes widen with horror all the while as the men roared with joy. Romanov and Jedidiah nodded at me to follow as they walked out of the hall.

Silence passed without anyone uttering a word as we entered the same office we went to earlier. I sat on the couch, still stunned at the situation I just experience. Jedidiah offered a glass of whiskey to which I gulped down in seconds to calm my nerves. The two looked at each other with understanding before settling down comfortably.

“What do you think of Vittoria?” Romanov asked. I frowned at his words. He called Vittoria by her name and yet he was still alive.

From what I learned, nobody can call her by that name and still live to tell the tale, even if that person holds high position in the mafia. She almost killed Federico when he called her Vittoria. I looked into the Russian Don’s eyes and found amusement swimming on it.

“Don’t look at me like that, mal'chik. Only I, Jedidiah and her sentries are allowed to call her Vittoria. The rest will be killed on the spot if she hears them mutter it. Lucky for you that you are still alive.” He teased before turning to Jedidiah who look as amused as he is.

“Wonder why that is?”

“What happened earlier?” I asked not bothering to dignify his question with an answer.

“You didn’t answer me.”

“Why don’t you tell me what that is all about? She will kill them.”

“Of course. And that will be much better than her going on a rampage. We will all be dead if that happens.”

“Does she looks like someone you haven’t met before?” Jedidiah butted in our conversation.

“She is nowhere near to who I knew before.”

“That is true. Because that woman there in Prometheus is not the Vittoria from 4 years ago. That woman is La Riggina of the Sicilian mafia. Don of Sovran. The Red Beast. She is someone you don’t mess around with. She is a demon in the body of an angel. So I am telling you now, if you want the sweet Vittoria from before, you will not find her anywhere here. All you will see right now is the monstrous Vittoria who is thirsty for vengeance. The woman who will crush anyone for the sake of her retribution. Until that is completed, she will not let her other side rise. You have to understand.” Romanov explained.

“She is a beast.”

“Yes. She is. A very beautiful, deadly and beastly wolf.” Jedidiah stated as if hearing my inner thought.