Chapter 7 (discontinued)

UPDATE: I'm very sorry, but this story has been discontinued because of many things. I also pretty much quit Wattpad so you probably won't hear from me again. It's been fun :) If you ever need to contact me, try leaving a comment anyways because I'll check periodically... later my little birds~

<<<~Chapter 7~>>>

Scrambling and yelling, Sebastian lunged to open the oven. As soon as he touched the handle, his hands began to sizzle, and he dropped the oven door immediately. Hissing at the burning sensation, Sebastian staggered back and flames leaped out of the oven.

He searched quickly for the nearest source of water. The sink! But there was just one problem: it was blocked by all the items Sebastian had pull out of the cupboard earlier. Things were quickly spiraling downhill.

Sebastian turned back to the flames, and all he could think of was how, because of him, their home could be destroyed. He could only imagine the disappointment of his parents when they returned to a burnt down house. Sebastian, the big failure, a loser of all-time, too stupid to watch his own oven when he baked cookies.

He clenched his fists and all noise drowned out. Sebastian felt something of unknown raw emotion burst inside him, and a surge of power flowed throughout his entire body.

Water exploded out of the sink, blasting off the faucet and dousing everything in sight. The fire in the oven sputtered out with a weak protest. A wisp of smoke disappeared into the air, and the only thing left dry was Sebastian and the two spots on the floor that were cover by his feet.

His dad's moonlace plants drooped sadly from the sudden onslaught and the walls had soaked up all the water like a sponge.

"Oh, crap." He muttered. He'd done it again.

Nico stood in the doorway with his arms crossed, soaked to the skin. Surveying the room, he shook his head, droplets flying from his damp hair. When Nico looked up, and Sebastian could see that something was distracting him from even acknowledging his watery blunder.

"Trouble's coming." He said solemnly to Sebastian.

Sebastian stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a red pendant and picture of a girl that hadn't been there before.

"Yes, it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to request a visit to the Oracle?" gaped Rick. "You've got to be kidding me!" He fiddled with with Sebastian's oven, which was still out of commission since Sebastian had burnt his cookies. "Can I keep this oven?"

Sebastian rolled his eyes but couldn't help being happy for seeing his best friend again. "Yes, Rick, is that a problem? And yes, you can. I'll have to buy a new one anyways."

"Of course, it's a problem! I've heard she's super weird and scary! And that her eyes glow green! And that she has crazy red hair! And thanks!" Tools flew into the air as he rummaged through his toolbox.

"Rick," Sebastian said, patiently, "Rachel's been visiting us since I was born. She's good friends with my parents."

"But still! It's creepy!" Rick whined.

"Who's creepy?" A feminine voice called out from the foyer. A woman with wild red hair strode into the kitchen.

Her eyes blinked as she glanced around the doused room. "Jeez, Bast, subtle much?"

Sebastian hung his head. "It was an accident."

The prophet gave out a laugh. "Come on, Sebastian, this isn't the first time I've seen you mess up a room. I'm kidding." She gave Sebastian a reassuring hug.

"It's great to see you," she continued. "however, important matters are at hand." Instinctively, both boys back away as her eyes begin to glow.

"Oh, Rick, get what Rachel says on that voice recorder you always use to record what I say and use against me." Sebastian said.

"Sure," Rick replied. Mischievously, he pretended to fiddle with the already-recording device. A voice rose from Rachel's throat in a scratchy tone.

"A daughter more powerful than any other

A son with a legacy from father and mother

A god that came before all good things

Death, destruction, and hate, he brings

Five heroes must follow the path of the old

A story of laughter and light to be told

Travel beyond the east and west

To end or release a father's unrest"

She coughed and fell back into a chair behind her.

"Well, looks like I've gotten quite good at controlling my predictions!" She said with a smile as she dusted off her lap and stood. Turning serious once more, she faced Sebastian. "You've got everything you need now, Sebastian. At least I hope so. Good luck and stay safe!" With that, she walked out the door, waving a cookie she had stolen off the table.

The boys stared at the door in disbelief. "Well," Rick slowly grinned. "At least she knows I make cookies better than you."

Sebastian resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Pack your bags, Rick. We're going on a super fun adventure!"

"Where, hopefully, we won't die," He thought himself with a growing pit in his stomach.

<<<~Chapter 7 End~>>>

A/N

To my beloved readers,

O MY FABULOUS GODS. I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE SO MANY READS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out so much you guys are really the best, and I love you all, and I want to give you guys free hugs and cookies and stuff!!!! :D I sincerely apologize for being AFK for so long and only releasing this tiny chapter. (/-\) please don't leave me. T_T I am honestly at a sort of slow inspiration period so throw out some stuff you would like to see! It might give me a line! ^_^ Love you all, my little birdies, and tell me what you think with comments and likes and such! Don't be afraid to point out mistakes because I am definitely not a spotless writer!

Your truly happy writer,

Senny

UPDATE: I'm very sorry, but this story has been discontinued because of many things. I also pretty much quit Wattpad so you probably won't hear from me again. It's been fun :) If you ever need to contact me, try commenting and I'll check periodically... later my little birds~