Chapter 3

<<<~Chapter 3~>>>

Sebastian really was tired of creeping monsters that came from behind. But this time, he recognized the voice. He spun around.

"Uncle Nico!"

Nico di Angelo smiled. "Long time no see, Bast."

Sebastian's uncle casually spun his Stygian dagger with one hand. He was wearing a black tee with the words 'My friends call me Death Boy' on it with black jeans and black converse shoes. Sebastian couldn't have been more relieved to see him.

Nico was good friends with Sebastian's dad and they had met when Nico was was 12. But considering that Nico should have been around 100 years old being born in the 1930's, he was actual only 17 years old now while Sebastian's dad was 38. Nico had barely aged since Sebastian could ever remember.

When Sebastian had once asked his uncle why he was so young compared to his own dad, Nico had explained that he'd eaten too much of the Underworld pomegranates which had slowed his growth as an unseen side effect. Plus, he had added with a smile, that one quest I took to save a young pegasi that got lost in the Lotus Hotel held me up a few months.

However, now his uncle's smile faded. "You look terrible. Want to sit down? I have a thermos of nectar."

Sebastian finally felt weak. His legs slid out from beneath him and he plopped down on a rock, exhausted.

Nico passed him the thermos and the moment he gulped the nectar, his body tingled and he felt warm again. His mouth could taste his grandma's delicious blue marshmallows. He exhaled and finally relaxed.

Nico watched in concern. "Aren't you supposed to be on a field trip, Bast? It's dangerous around these parts."

Sebastian explained what had happened and how he's been separated from his class. Nico whistled. "You sure are like your dad, brave and arrogant."

He turned away and Sebastian felt slightly guilty. He'd heard from his father that when they were younger, Nico had had a crush on his father, but it was probably still a sore spot for him even now.

Sebastian opened his mouth to say something, but just then, Nico held up his hand for silence.

"Did you hear that?"

Puzzled, Sebastian stopped and listened hard. He heard a faint rustling in the distance. Nico put a finger to his lips and beckoned for Sebastian to follow.

They crept back down the tunnel and approached a crevice in the wall of the tunnel. Then, Nico pounced and dragged out his victim.

"Aha!"

"Aww, man! Uncle Nico, let go of me!"

Nico had a sandy blonde boy with blue eyes in a headlock on the floor with a grin and Sebastian eyes flashed in recognition.

Sternly, he said, "Luke! Why in the name of Zeus are you here?"

Luke, Sebastian's 11 year old brother, struggled to escape from Nico with futile attempts. "Who cares? Make him let go of me!" He continued slapping at Nico.

Sebastian just stood and waited, eyebrows raised.

"Okay, fine. Fine! I followed Uncle Nico on his maintenance check because I had nothing to do! Don't tell Mom or Dad!" Luke still struggled. "Now let me go!"

Nico finally released him. "Kid, one day you're going to get into big trouble and Sebastian and I aren't going to be there to cover for you."

Luke sat panting on the ground and scowled. "Mom and Dad never let me do anything. Sebastian gets to do whatever he wants."

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "That's because I'm more responsible than you."

"Am not!" Luke stood up and started jumping in Sebastian's face.

"Are too!"

Nico smacked both of them in the back of the head.

"Both of you stop that, or I'll make sure you both get grounded and never get to go on that Olympus trip in the summer."

They shut their traps. Both Luke and Sebastian knew that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit Olympus and try one of the teleportation elevators their mom had designed. Like he'd said, Sebastian's mom was awesome.

Nico shook his head. "We'd better get going, kids, before I get in trouble for bringing you guys here. Let's go find your class, Sebastian."

But all of a sudden, the tunnel began to shake and a crack opened up beneath the three boys, swallowing them whole.

<<<~Chapter 3 End~>>>

A/N

Hey guys! So for now is my writing super spree because I'm super hyper from reading HOH. (It's like steroids, seriously) so now you guys will hopefully be getting fast updates until I crash and burn! :P Hope you enjoy! They kinda are blehish so let me know what i should do to inprove my writing. I'm sorry I love cliffies, but I love you guys too. Special thanks for encouragement and ideas: Gabe (EagleEye), Nero, and Jellybeans.

P.S. for Nero, yes ik Nico is hot I get it ok?

Stay out of trouble guys,
Senny