ten

Alana glanced at herself in the mirror one last time, checking to make sure her hair and makeup was flawless before she turned on her heel and headed for the front door

"And where might you be going?" Her youngest aunt cut her off a few feet from the door, a large smirk on her glossy lips.

"Out," came the teenagers simple response.

"With who?"

"Just a friend."

"Just a friend, huh?" Rebekah repeated. "Does this friend happen to be a boy?"

A smile formed on her plump lips and she stared down at her shoes as if they were the most interesting things in the world, "Maybe."

"Alright then, have fun," the blonde let her hand touch her niece's shoulder briefly before walking away.

Alana let out a soft giggle as she exited the compound, tucking a some of her brunette curls behind her ear as her bright blue eyes searched around for Kyle. She spotted him leaning against his black motorcycle, a pair of aviators adorning his forest green eyes.

"Hey," he greeted, handing her a helmet. "You good to go?"

She simply hummed in response and secured the helmet over her head. She wrapped her thin arms around his toned waist as he revved the engine.

A smile appeared on her plump mouth as the wind blew her long, dark hair around; a light giggle passed her lips as he sped up to overtake the few vehicles in front of them.

After racing through the busy city for a few more minutes they pulled up in front of a large white building which Alana instantly recognised as the New Orleans Museum of Art. The gallery had been near the top of her list of places to visit.

"Oh my god," she whispered to herself, handing him her helmet.

"You don't think this is lame or anything, do you? Because we can always go somewhere else – "

"No, no, this is – this is cool," Alana cut his rambling off. "It's different."

Kyle gave her a charming grin and offered her his arm which she linked her through with a giggle. The teenagers entered the museum, staring at the art around them in complete awe.

After walking around for a while they unlinked their arms, and instead he trailed behind her a little.

He observed her as she raised a hand towards her mouth, her perfectly straight teeth gently chewing on her thumb nail, a bad habit she had picked up as a young child.

"Why are you staring at me?" A light blush appeared on her pale cheeks as she turned towards him, her bright blue eyes licking with his forest green ones.

"Because you're the only masterpiece that I can see," Kyle replied, a cheesy grin on his sharp features as he stepped closer to her. "Can I kiss you?"

She didn't verbally reply, but she did nod, silently telling him that it was okay. She could've sworn fireworks erupted around them as their lips locked.

Alana pulled away after a few short moments, unable to wipe the smile from her face, knowing that that kiss would be the first of many shared between them.