Chapter 2- Breakfast of Champions

right. Next chapter woo woo. Oh and I know the lot of 'em seem to bicker but they love each other, don't worry.  Anywhooo keep reading and you'll find out I guess

I awoke the next morning feeling refreshed. I spotted Marcus sprawled on top of the bed sheets-with his boots still on. I smiled at him, I guess the concert just drained him. I swept his hair out of his face with my fingers, and yawned loudly. I would be scared to wake him up, but he was dead asleep.

      I took a quick shower, and began fixing breakfast for Marcus and I. I was trying to treat him- I'm rubbish at cooking. Anyway, I cooked two eggs on a pan, not cooking them too long so the yolks were runny. I tried my best to make him tea, but I am not a tea person, so it came out kind of fishy. I fixed up some toast and plated everything neatly. My eyes flicked over to the time on the stove- it was 11:00. "Hmph." I mused aloud, "Seems my sleeping-in skills have improved!" I chuckled to myself, and was surprised to be joined by another set of chuckles.

      I spun around in surprise, only to see a disheveled Marcus. He gave me a warm smile. "Mornin' love." he said softly, his eyes full of sleep. He yawned with his mouth wide open, clawing his hands in the air, and turning his yawn into a growl. "Take that T-Bear!" he mumbled.

"Oh my gosh..." I muttered, with a little laugh. He could get a bit odd sometimes.

"I made some breakfast." I said quietly, and he slowly drew his attention to the food on the table.

"Oh wow." he said, with a whistle. "Hope this isn't terrible, ya know, based on your cooking abilities and past experiences..."

"Hey! That was one time! And how am I supposed to know brown bits in eggs can give you food poisoning? Just appreciate the food!" This caused a laugh out of him.

"Jeez, I didn't mean to get ya all up in a twist!" he laughed more.

"Ugh just sit down." I said-exhausted with the conversation. He sat, and I did too, trying to ignore his timid bites at the egg. He would nibble a bit, and kind of squint- as if he was thinking of a grade for each bite. I ate in silence, my gaze set downward at my plate.

He finished up, wiping crumbs from his mouth carefully. He looked up, right into my eyes. I tried to keep my breath steady, his gaze still sent my heart beating into overdrive. "Well." I said steadily.

"Well what?" he asked- playing the dumb card.

"How. Was. It?" I said, trying to not get angry, but I was losing patience with him.

"Ah, it was a delight! You are an excellent cook!" He gave me a sincere grin. You have got to be kidding. He is the most difficult person sometimes.

"Now, let us try the tea." he said, his expression giddy. He clasped the small handle of the mug in his fingers, extending his pinky. "Pinky's up!" he sang to himself, and began sipping the tea. In a second he placed the cup down slowly. He cleared his throat and licked at his lips discreetly.

"How is it?" I demanded.

"Whoa whoa, calm down. It's just... Um.."

"Well?!"

"I believe you forgot something, love?"

"Forgot what, what would I forget?" he grinned, his eyes gleaming.

He slid over the mug. "Why don't you see for yourself?" he chuckled at my confusion. I gingerly picked up the cup, and took a sip. The tea was cold. I forgot to heat the water. I almost placed the cup down,  but instead I pretended the tea was good, sipping the grossly cool liquid down. Finally, I set the lighter mug down.

"Tastes fine to me, and I don't even like tea!" I had a wide smile on now, his baffled state of confusion was the funniest thing I had ever seen. In a swift motion he snatched the cup back from me, taking a tentative slurp. He spat the water back into the cup, coughing a bit.

"You liar! This is bloody awful!" Now I was laughing. He wiped at his mouth with the back of his hand, grinning.

"I didn't make it like that on purpose." I said into the air, hoping he wasn't actually upset. I've known Marcus for a good while now, but I can't always read his feelings, you know.

"Sure ya didn't." he mumbled, but he had this crinkle to his eyes so I could tell he didn't care. He pushed his chair out and stood up, grabbing his plate and stacking the silverware on top of it. He grabbed my plate as well, before I could protest.

"Well, I'm making some REAL tea if you want some." he called over his shoulder as hastily did the dishes.

"No, I wouldn't want to be poisoned." I remarked. He snorted.

"I would never!"

"Yeah, whatever." I replied, walking into the other room.