The Breakup (of Jeremy and Christine)

Hi it's me again

I made Christine a little bit sarcastic, but she still is sweet and lovable.

This is pretty bad I'm sorry I tried

Christine's POV

My heart pounded as I slid into the booth parallel to Jeremy's. No matter how awkward this was going to be, I had to tell him. That he wasn't on my mind, that a happy-go-lucky blonde was instead.

A voice broke through my thoughts.
"So you wanted to talk?"

"Yes. There's something I need to tell you."

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach, and not the giddy, excited kind, these little motherfuckers were the dreading, scared kind.

" I don't think this is gonna work out."

Jeremy's POV

Hearing those words did not affect me at all. I kept questioning how I really felt, but not a pang of sadness came forward. My face twisted as I wondered why. I had a crush on her for a while and I was ecstatic when she agreed. Why did I not even care?

I noticed her staring intently at me, trying to decipher my contorted expression.
"Are you okay, Jeremy?"

" Yeah, I'm fine. I don't really feel that upset."

As I said those last few words, I saw her face relax into an understanding state.

"I had a feeling you would react like that," she commented.

"What? Why?"

" Oh, come on, isn't it obvious?" She replied with a smirk.

"Well, definitely not, if I have no idea what you are talking about!"

"You aren't even interested in me."

Christine's POV

As he registered what I just said, I saw him thinking, connecting the dots until he finally whispered,
"Holy shit."

"I do agree that this situation is "holy shit" worthy, especially considering that you didn't realise this earlier," I retorted.

"So that's why we're breaking up?"

"Yeah, and I like someone else."

"OMG WHO?" Jeremy squealed.

"Jeez. You sound like a teenage girl. It's Jenna."

"You guys would be so cute together!"

I rolled my eyes despite the warmth I felt from his excitement.

"Well, what about you? Who's the lucky guy?"

"How did you know it was a guy?"

"Boy, I've seen the way you look at Michael."

" I guess I do like him. It's just the way he always looks at the positive side of things,  and he can make me smile no matter what. "

"Can we remain friends after this?"

"Obviously! I'll help you ask Jenna out!"

"There you go again with the teenage girl mumbo jumbo."

"Shut up, Christine!"