Mama

"What are we eating today mommy?" Little Jimin smiles happily and his mom unfortunately smiles sadly.

"Your father is coming back with some food for you but I think that you'll have to wait a little longer, okay?" His mom pats his head, smiling, but behind that smile there was so much more.

She looks at the clock again and bites her bottom lip.

20:00

And he still hadn't come back from "work".

Jimin's mother knew that his father was up to no good.  Always staying out late and drinking the night away with his friends.  To be honest?  She  had no problem with that until it started to affect her and Jimin. Their household economy was going down. She was unemployed for a year already and his father had a very bad job, working at a gas station.

He spent all of his money on booze, not leaving any of it for Jimin or his mother. There wasn't even enough money to buy food.

"Okay mommy!  Can I read a book?" Jimin waits patiently for her answer.

"Of course you can, Jiminnie! Here, take this one  that I got from the public library today, I think that you will like it," his mom hands him the first book of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, smiling.

"Thank you!" He kisses her cheek and runs to his room with his new book, happy to have something new to read.

"He's probably coming back soon,"  the woman stifles a yawn and lays her head on the kitchen table, looking patiently at the clock. They didn't even have a TV to distract  theirselves. They already sold everything they could sell in order to get more money but, if there was no income...

The mother wakes up from a sudden nap and looks at the clock again.

1:47

He hadn't come back home.

She goes to her son's room and looks at him sleeping peacefully on the bed, the book he was reading on the floor. She kisses his forehead and smiles.

"Aigoo... my smart  son... I really hope that you will succeed, make me proud... You know what? Nevermind, you already do," she kisses his forehead again and leaves his book on his nightstand.

She sleeps so the hunger will go away.

*****

"You really don't get it do you?"  His mom almost screams. "They are going to fucking take our son away!"

"Okay, but isn't that better? I mean we don't even treat him well anyways..." his father is completely nonchalant about everything.

"You don't treat him well, I do." His mother crosses her arms. "If you don't start providing something I'll run off-"

A slap to the face.

"Say that again and you'll see what happens if you do. Say it," his father, his blood related parent still has his hand up as he says that.

"I'll run away with my son."

A punch on the eye.

That's what she gets. That's what the title of Mrs. Park gives to her.

"If you ever even think about doing or saying those things, I'll crack every single bone of your body until you can't move anymore. Understood?" She nods, still on the floor.