The real bad guy

Frisks POV

I woke up with a start. Where was I? How was I? This is impossible! I should be dead and yet, I'm right back here. Right before The run started. I- I don't understand... "Chara!" I called out. "Chara, what happened?"

"You died." I gasped when I got a response. Chara was standing there in her ghostly form, barely floating. She seemed more solid now.

"I get that, but why am I alive?"

"every time you gather your determination you make a save point. When you make these save points, it means that when you die you start back where it is. Basically if you die after saving you're fine."

I nodded. I'm a time traveler? Cool. I walked forward and once again started the chase. Please don't hit me, Please don't hit me, I thought to myself.

Thankfully, I made it out without dying again.

Charas POV

I can't believe Frisk died. It almost seems like a dream. I watched them as they once again dodged all the spear tips being thrown at them on the winding bridge. they reached a dead end. "Frisk turn around!" I shouted, but it was already to late. Undyne was walking towards them.

They started to shake in fear. I was worried. What would Undyne do? She summoned three spears and sent them right between where we were standing. The bridge collapsed and everything faded to white, then black...

~~~

"It sounds like it came from over here..." What who said that?

"oh! you've fallen down haven't you. Here, get up..." Azzy? It's me Chara!

"Chara, huh? That's a nice name. My name is-"

"Chara!"

"what huh?"

"Chara, wake up."

I blinked a few times realizing that I hit my head and fell unconscious. Frisk was sitting upright on a bed of golden flowers, buttercups to be exact. Don't those bring back memories. We were at the bottom of a waterfall. Frisk got up and started to walk forward, motioning for me to follow her.

When did I become the obedient one?

Frisk soon, unexpectedly, fell into deep water with trash floating around in it. I started laughing when they came up for air soaking wet. They glared at me and waded through the water. I floated above them, snickering. "If you had a body I would drag you in with me."

I burst out laughing.

We passed by some trash heaps that seemed to pop out of no where. "It smells horrible in here." Frisk commented. I silently agreed with them. I could still smell, but the scent was always fainter than it should be. Frisk climbed on top of a piece of wood and gathered their determination.

They continued walking. Keep going forward, There's no use turning back, I used to say when I was human. It always encouraged Asriel to keep up with me and the plan. Whatever that plan may be, he always stuck to it. Unwittingly loyal.

We passed a training dummy, Frisk glanced back at it when the expressionless eyes became less expressionless. He disappeared into the water and reappeared in front of us, blocking the path. "It's just like you to run away. I'm a ghost that lives inside a DUMMY. My cousin used to live inside a dummy, too. until... YOU CAME ALONG! You're the worst person I've ever met! You make me so mad!!" Frisk was blinking away tears. They didn't like yelling and they didn't like remembering what I've made them do. What an asshole.

Then he stopped, "This... This feeling... Eureka. Eureka! Eureka!!" He was blushing? Now that I think about it, that voice... Is that Blooky's Cousin! My god what happened to him! "Human, That moment of unbridled emotion." He continued with a smile, "It allowed me to finally fuse with my body! I'm fully corporeal now! My lifelong dream realized! In return I guess I won't stop you. How's that sound?"

Frisk's face was filled with a bright smile. the tears a forgotten memory before the smile was quickly replaced with a frown. A shadow crossed their face, and the battle began. "Frisk, what are you doing!? You don't have to fight him!" They looked at me with cold eyes. Their eyes were unexpectedly open. They were red. A lighter red than mine, like a candy apple red. Sweet and innocent, but now it looks almost like blood dipped steel. "No, Chara, We've already started, we can't just stop now."

The glad dummy was letting us go. He was sparing us, and yet Frisk reaches for the fight button. In three kicks, The dummy was defeated and turned to dust. Frisk continued forward. We didn't even get gold out of that. What was the point? What have I started?

We got to a clearing that had three separate hallways. The first house led to a fish shaped house, Undyne. The next was two houses that seemed to slouch apart from each other. Napstablooks and his cousins' house. I floated into Napstablook's house, forcing Frisk to follow me.

Inside no one was home. A tune was playing through the house filled with a fridge, an old TV with worn buttons, and a computer with an open music sharing forum. He's still into his old CD's.

There was an old snail racing track too. It was also empty, like everything else here.

We went to the right to find three ways to go, up, down, or straight. We chose to go straight a cross. We continued to go across the path after Frisk gathered their determination, until we found the light path. "these are trickier Frisk." I warned. They nodded and kept on their way, lighting up the mushrooms as they went.

"You've been quitter recently." I remarked.

"I know." They responded

"Why though?" I questioned.

"Because why waste breath on words, when all I'm going to do is kill them." That shadow never seemed to leave their face. We fell into silence after that.

~~~

After wondering around for a bit, we made it out only to be met with undyne once again. She slowly crept towards us as Frisk backed up against the wall. "seven." The word was barely heard over Frisks beating heart, or maybe that was mine.

"seven human souls. With the power of seven human souls, our king... king Asgore Dreemurr... Will become a god. With that power Asgore can finally shatter the barrier. He will finally take the surface back from humanity..." That's fine by me. Let him kill them. Humans are dumb, but then why do I care so much for Frisk? "And give them back the pain and suffering we have endured. Understand, Human?" it's Frisk. "This is your only chance at redemption. Give up your soul, or I'll tear it from your body."

She then summoned one of her trade mark spears. The battle started when,

"Undyne! I'll help you fight!" Monster kid. He looked between Undyne then Frisk finally realizing who the bad guy was.