Chapter 22: Bad Day

Poor Tracie had a bad day and was relieved to be in the car with Hayley.She woke up late,did not see Alexander,got detention and got her current read taken away from her.Hayley took one long look at her and decided to detour to get some frozen yogurt.Tracie's mood went up a little when she heard Hayley's offer.Hayley texted the other girls to meet up at the frozen yogurt place while they were at a red light.

As soon as they reached the place,Tracie bolted to get her some frozen yogurt.She got hers and took a seat,forgetting the world around her as she lose herself in the sweetness of the frozen yogurt.The rest of the girls joined them and they started talking about the weather and everything.

While they were eating their frozen yogurt,the door opened and the Literature Club members entered.Tracie's eyes lit up when she saw Alexander walking in.Her eyes met with his eyes and the next thing she knows is they were in front of each other. “I missed you,Melody,”Alexander said as he hugged her.Tracie returned the hug before dragging him to her booth.

Her friends are all now smiling and were making eye contact with one another.As soon as Alexander settled in their booth,almost all of them said at once that they were just about to leave,leaving the two lovebirds alone.They waved as they exited the place.Tracie returned their waves and continued to eat her frozen yogurt,ignoring Alexander.Alexander just laughed as he shook his head,wondering how he ever fell in love with this girl.

After finishing her frozen yogurt,Tracie realised that she does not have a ride home.She turned towards Alexander,who was now reading his book. “Do you think you can give me a ride back home?” Tracie asked.

“Oh,so now you want to talk to me?After eating all of that alone,”Alexander said as he pointed to the empty cup.

“You didn't say you wanted any,”Tracie retorted,immediately feeling guilty for she had not offered him any.

“I'm just kidding.Let's get you home,it is almost sunset,”Alexander said as he got up and offered his hand to Tracie,like a gentleman he was.

“And this is the reason I fall for you,”Tracie said as she took his hand and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“You sure?Not falling for tiles or pavements?”Alexander joked as both of them got into the car.

 Tracie out her hand on her chest,pretending to be hurt by his words,before laughing like a little kid.They joked around a little more and finally they reached their houses. “Love you Alexander Xavier Collins!”Tracie said as she got out of the car and ran for her door,leaving Alexander shocked.