Chapter 16: Bentos And Prom

Tracie's alarm went off at 5AM and they all got up and fight for the toilets. In the end, Lily got the bathroom in Tracie's room, Hayley got the bathroom in the guest room and Tracie got the bathroom in her parents' room. Cleo and Shawna decided to sleep a little bit more as they were tired after having to care for the other three girls during their baking session.

By 6AM, they were all ready for school but Lily's mom will fetch them only at 7AM. So they decided to make bentos for lunch. Shawna cooked the rice, Hayley and Tracie searched for lunchboxes to put their food in, Lily scrambled some eggs and Cleo fried some chicken cutlets and a bit of vegetables. Once all is set, they went ahead and decorated their bentos with some seaweed Tracie found. Tracie's panda was unrecognisable, they thought it was an owl. But it was still edible nevertheless.

Lily's mom came and bought them McDonalds' breakfast. They ate it in her car and reached school. Tracie was used to coming early but Shawna felt a bit off. She had always reached school 10 minutes before assembly and currently there was 30 minutes before assembly. They decided to sit at the rooftop and just hang around each other.

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Classes dragged by and finally it was English.Tracie reached the class early and handed in the report to Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith praised her for handing in the report early and gave her some sweets. Tracie took her seat and remembered about Louis Griswald and Mr. Anonymous. She prayed that Louis would not be present but he showed up just in time before the class started.

Louis said a simple 'hey' before sitting next to Tracie. Tracie just nodded her head. The situation was just as awkward like that situation in the park. Tracie stole glances during the class because she was thinking the link between Mr. Anonymous and Louis Griswald. And for the first time in forever, she did not pay full attention during English. And the class ended and Louis went off first.

Lunch came by and Tracie was excited to eat her bento. She saw Alexander waving at her and was walking towards her. Tracie waved back and waited for him. Turns out Alexander needed her help for Mathematics as Mr. Frosh asked him to ask her. Tracie was a bit shock as she was not that good in Mathematics but she was quite average. But Tracie being Tracie she agreed to help.

They went into the bench at the courtyard and sat. Tracie read the question and the question was quite straightforward. As Tracie was teaching Alexander how to do it, Alexander asked how her day went. Tracie side tracked from explaning and told every single detail of her day until she noticed a group of people giving out brochures for prom. Tracie excitedly hit Alexander's shoulder with one hand while the other pointing towards the group of people.

“Prom? It's here again?” Alexander asked very disinterestedly.

“Still,its a prom. How can you not be excited?” Tracie answered, bewildered by Alexander's lack of interest.

“You're a girl,” Alexander said pointing towards Tracie, “And I'm a guy,” as he pointed to himself.

Tracie looked at him expecting an explanation as she could not see the link between her being a girl and him being a guy. Alexander let out a sigh as he explained, “Girls like prom.Guys don't.”  Tracie finally understand and nods her head. She excused herself with the reason she needs to talk to girls about prom since he can't. Tracie walked away just as Alexander was about to say something.

Tracie went straight to the canteen and spotted the girls at their usual table. Seeing that there was 10 more minutes before lunch ends, she sat down and immediately started eating her bento. The other girls were almost done and were now sharing funny moments that happened during class. They looked at Tracie, expecting an explanation for Tracie was always the first one to be in the canteen and eat. Tracie told them about Alexander and realised she was not done explaining the question to him. Tracie face palmed and decided to drop by his house to explain the question until the end when school ended.