Chapter 4:Change

She managed to get the dried toothpaste off her mirror, replaced the towels with clean ones and cleaned her powder. She wished she had just cleaned it before she went to school. But Tracie was living on the 'wild' side,at least to her it is.She got ready for bed and went to sleep.

(↑↗→↘↓↙←↖) (↑↗→↘↓↙←↖)

It was a beautiful morning for Tracie. The reason being school starts late today so she has the time to sleep more. She was about to sleep again before she remembered the note from Mr Anonymous.

She gracefully tripped over her blanket when she was trying to take her wallet from her dressing table. She obtained her wallet and took out the note and knew just the place to keep it;her memory box.

Tracie had three memory boxes. She was always forgetful that Momma suggests for her to keep a memory box. So she stored stuff that she had to remember into the memory boxes. Like birthday cards from her friends, group photos from camps and of her friends and unsent notes meant for her crush. But Tracie being Tracie,she kept some unimportant things like receipts from restaurants and parking tickets Dexter got.

A photo caught her eye. It was a picture of her together with Shawna,Lily,Cleo and Hayley. They were at the courtyard. It was taken during the last day of school last year. They were all smiling and laughing. They just looked innocent.And it was at that moment that she realised that they are all changing to be mature young ladies. Like butterflies coming out from their cocoons. She realised that sometimes change is needed and she does not need to be afraid of it

Tracie decided to go for a short jog, or rather checking whether Mr Anonymous replied to her note. She grabbed a bag and put her notebook,pen and a small towel and she was set to go. She was about to leave the house when Willow and Lucille went up to her.

“Momma said that you should take us to daycare,” Lucille announced.

And so her jog changed into sending the twins to their daycare. Their daycare was situated quite near to their house and in the direction to the park. She walked with the twins, occasionally having to answer their questions about the meaning of life and some other random questions that set Tracie's mind to thinking.

She dropped the twins at the daycare and made her way to the park. She probably had no time to jog but she just wanted to sit at the bench.And maybe she was excited to see if Mr Anonymous replied her note. She was looking forward to his reply all day after she left the note. She reached the bench and was disheartened to see that there were no new note for her. But her note was not there so she hoped Mr Anonymous had read it. She decided to write a note.

I found a photo of me and my friends and realised that we probably are searching for our own identity.Hence we start to change.Nothing to be afraid of.Just plain old me getting paranoid about everything.Maybe it's just me but I can only think about something after writing it down.So thank you for you have helped me in a way. -Miss Secrets

She left the note and did some breathing exercise to wake her brain up. She walked home to get ready for school.