Chapter 10: Plan

Tracie let out a long sigh. She had just cleared her mind before running into, or rather falling into, Louis' arms or should she say possible suspect to be Mr. Anonymous. She could not possibly go back to the bench since it is almost sunset. Neither Momma nor her likes her to be outside after dark. She dragged her feet to her house with mind full of crazy thoughts.

She was suprised to see the dining table filled with food, again. Only this time it is free from chocolate. The Jones sure have big appetites. Tracie smiled at the sight of food. Food could definitely take her mind off who Mr. Anonymous is. She sat down and started eating before the rest of the family members joined her.

"Well someone's hungry," Todd said as he sat beside Tracie.

Tracie mumbled a shut up while eating. The rest of dinner went smoothly. It was Tracie's turn to do the dishes so for once she did not excuse herself early. In fact she was still eating after everyone else were done with their food. She finally got up when Momma cleared her throat.

She started doing the dishes while Momma helped to wipe them. "Tomorrow the Collins are coming over for dinner," Momma said causing Tracie to accidentally drop the sponge. "I suppose it slipped your mind. Oh well, now that you remembered, help me choose the menu for tomorrow after you are done with the dishes. And no pizzas please," Momma said as she wiped the cups.

They sat down in the study as they chose the menu. Momma brought out all her recipe books that she owned and laid it on the table. They each started going through one by one, occasionally showing the other what they think might be delicious. These went on for a while for Momma could be picky. They finally settled on baked pasta after loads of arguing.

Tracie went straight to her bedroom because she was not done with the report. She did her best to end the report and was satisfied with its outcome. She put the report into her bag so that she would not forget to bring it on Monday. Mr. Smith might look like a teddy bear but if you forgot to do his work, he transforms into a grizzly bear.The thought of it was scary.

After ensuring she had no other homework to do, she took out the notes from Mr. Anonymous and put it into her memory box. As she was re-reading the notes, she devised a plan. The plan was that she would place the note under the bench and then climb the tree next to it and ambush whoever takes the note. Sounds crazy but hey Tracie rhymes with crazy.

But after logical thinking, Tracie realised her plan was crazy because for starters, she could not climb tree for she is nowhere near being athletic. Secondly, if she did know how to climb a tree, she could kill Mr. Anonymous for jumping on him. Or she could break her own neck. Tracie shrugged the idea off and was immediately hit by another plan.

She would put the note and then hide in the bushes. Brilliant! She just needs to dress up to blend in with the bushes. Then she realises she had nothing green in her closet except for socks. But then the perks of having brothers comes in. She decided to knock and ask if any of them had any green article of clothing.

She made her way to Dexter's and Todd's room and found boxes. They were packing their things because they finally find a place to call their own. Dexter and Todd were close to each other, heck they could be twins for they are inseparable. The reason Dexter did not move out first when he was 18 was because they both promised to live together until one of them got married.

Tracie knocked and entered. "Tracie, just in time,"Dexter said as he took a box and hand it to Tracie, "These are for you. We no longer fit in it so might as well give it to you."

"Oh you guys! You guys know me the best. This was my reason to come here," Tracie said, earning herself a smack at the back of her head from Todd. Tracie rubbed that area as she hugged her two elder brothers. "I'll miss you guys"Tracie said, a tear escaping her eye. Todd groaned while Dexter just pat her back softly.After the short drama, Tracie recomposed herself and excused herself to her bedroom.

She dug in the 'treasures' her brothers had just gave her. And as if Lady Luck was shining upon her, there were green clothing. There were green sweater and a green beanie. She recognised the beanie. It was from Dexter's ex girlfriend. Well he sure is moving forward. Now that attire is set,she just has to find the right time.

Maybe Sunday would be perfect. The Jones were going to view the apartment that Dexter and Todd are going to live in. They had specifically said to leave Tracie behind because she has school the next day and it was a long drive to go there. Perfect! For once she was happy to stay behind.