Chapter 2:Reply

An air horn broke the silent morning air. Tracie was rudely awakened by it that she fell off her bed, butt first. This must be the revenge from her twin brothers for she had eaten their share of pizza. Tracie realised that she must be on guard for the rest of the day. Knowing the twins, they could get very mischievous.

Cautiously getting up from the floor, she made her way to the bathroom. The bathroom was a mess. Her favourite strawberry mint flavoured toothpaste was all over her mirror. There was powder of different shades near her sink - most probably from her makeup kit. Her towels were unfolded. The toilet paper was unrolled on the floor. She took a moment to prevent herself from screaming, as Willow and Lucille were probably awake and crying from the air horn. With careful steps, she managed to take a shower and got ready for school.  She planned to clean up her bathroom after school as she was not in the mood for cleaning any mess in the morning. A lesson learned on her behalf; never leave the bedroom door unlocked. Especially after you have eaten your brothers' food.

After ensuring all her school supplies are in her bag, including her unfinished homework, and that her clothes were in perfect condition, she made her way to the kitchen. Apart from her brothers, everyone else were having their breakfast. Both Willow and Lucille had red noses, indicating that they have been crying. She gave them kissed on their foreheads as she drank her milk. After washing her cup, she gave kisses to everyone and took a chocolate bar. She takes the bus to school so she walked to the bus stop, arriving just in time as the bus arrived.

Tracie was an average student. She has a small group of friends whom she trusts. Teachers never paid much attention to her because she never gave them any trouble and always did quite well in every tests. The main reason why Tracie loves to go to school. Also because the food at the canteen was simply marvelous and affordable. She always go to school early to have her breakfast there.

She reached school with an hour before assembly. She went straight to the canteen to buy their freshly baked buns before searching for her friends. They usually reach earlier as their houses were nearer to the school.  Tracie saw her friends at their usual spot. She waved towards Shawna, Lily, Hayley and Cleo.The five of them had been friends since like forever and it was convenient that they all had lunch at the same time. As soon as Tracie joined the circle, they immediately jumped from one conversation to another.

The bell rang and all five of them rushed to the assembly. The assembly consists of reading the school's pledge followed by a short "motivational" speech from the principal. The speech was always repeated every morning that every student knew it by heart. The principal would then announce some important announcements before letting the students go to their classes.

The day dragged by agonizingly. When the last bell rang, Tracie was one of the first to burst out of the door. Shouting her goodbyes to her friends, she raced after the bus. She could not wait to go to the bench for it was one of her daily routine. She got off her stop and went straight to the park. She reached the bench and was filled with relief. It must be something about the scenery around her that makes her feel at peace. She did some breathing exercise and did some reflection.

Reflections For The Day

should have not eaten other people's share,but I was hungry

should have done my homework instead of reading 

Thinking that she did enough of reflecting, she decided to read through her mathematics notes when she remembered about her note yesterday. Without much hope, she felt for the note - her note, with the intention of rereading it. She unfolded the note and started reading it.

She realised that it was not the note she left. She was instantly on her feet, jumping with happiness for she did not expect a reply at all.

Hey there Miss Secret. Wow looks like we have a rebel here! Hahaha Your parents must have a hard time controlling you and your 'wild' behaviour. Its good that you're stepping out of your comfort zone. Im interested to join your conquest against Santa for he too had not given me what I wanted. Lets be exchanging notes under the bench partners {enub partners for short} -Mr Anonymous

Tracie was squealing when she found out it was from a guy. The handwriting was quite neat and SHe liked the way he wrote his brackets. She recomposed herself and started writing her reply.

OMG! I was not really expecting a reply,much less from a guy. Thankyou so much for replying to my note. I hope we can be the best enub partner ever. What was it that Santa never bought you? Im very interested. 

I have something to get off my chest. Be my listening ear, or rather reader. I feel as though there's a gap that is growing between me and my friends. We've always been close but now I feel like there's tension in the air. Am I being too dramatic? Why are friendships so complicated? Or is it that Im the one that's making it complicated? Hope you had a nice day. -Miss Secrets

Tracie felt a bit lighter after writing her feelings down. She knows that it is risky to share her problems with strangers. As she is trying to be a rebel, what is a little risk? Besides she had already decided that Mr. Anonymous would be someone for her to share her secrets and problems with. Just because sometimes you trust a stranger better than you trust your friends.