22 {Sehun}

Kai came over just as I was in the middle of hitting my head against the locker. "So I heard about your little fight."

Smack. "Why am I so stupid?" Smack. "I screwed everything up." Smack. "It's over. She's never going to forgive me."

Kai's hand blocked my head before I could make a dent in the lockers. "Dude, calm down. Just go apologize. Everything will be fine."

I sighed. "You don't understand. I really screwed up. Big time." The hurt and shocked look on Suzy's face swam in my head, tormenting me. Why did I have to say all those things to her? Why didn't I keep my mouth shut?

"Oh, I know. To be honest, I've been waiting for you to screw things up for Suzy for a long time."

"What?"

He leaned back against the lockers with crossed arms and rolled his eyes. "Look, you may be an expert when it comes to hooking up with girls, but you suck at actually having a real girlfriend and keeping one. I mean, you may be Zeus, but when was the last time that man had a real relationship?"

Kai didn't know that Suzy and my relationship wasn't a real one, either. But sometimes it felt real. There was no denying that she meant more to me than any of those other girls. And Kai had a point. He was better at this stuff than I was. He'd had a couple of girlfriends here and there. I may have dated tons of girls, but Seulgi was the closest I'd ever been to a real relationship before Suzy. Two incomplete relationships.

And his words gave me hope. "So what do I do to fix it?"

He leaned in real close, like he was telling me secret. "It's going to sound really dumb and crazy, but just talk to her. One fight could break up a fling, but not a real relationship. You just have to work it out."

I gave him a skeptical look. "Seriously? Your big advice is just to talk to her?"

"Well, it's better than your stupid plan of banging your head through the locker. Besides, that's what you have to do in a real relationship. You talk about your feelings. It's annoying and frustrating. You may have to try a couple of times if she doesn't feel like talking yet, or you might even talk for hours. And you'll probably want to grab a drink afterwards, but that's the point. You have to try. Because if you don't bother trying, then what's the point in being in a relationship?"

He made sense. I never bother trying with the other girls. Never wanted to go through the effort. What was the point when there were other girls to date? But there wasn't another Suzy. "But just talking seems a little too easy."

"Trust me, sometimes the easiest way is the best way." Kai stroked his chin with one hand and patted my shoulder with the other. "Listen to me, you shall, Obi-Wan. All right things will be. Wax on, wax off."

I laughed and shook off his hand before giving him a punch on the arm. "You're mixing up your masters."

"No, I'm not. I'm combining them because I'm just that awesome." He smiled and pushed me off. "Now go find her."

It took a while to find Suzy. She didn't pick up my call, and Soyeon told me that Suzy's parents hadn't pick her up yet. But she didn't know where Suzy was, either. For the next half hour, I searched the entire school. I even poked my head into the girls' locker room to check. Nobody was there except Coach Joan checking some of the lockers. I ran before she caught me looking.

Where could Suzy be?

Somehow I found myself standing where we had our Valentine's Day picnic, remembering how excited I was to bring Suzy here. Her shocked face when she saw my surprise. Things were so much easier then.