3 {Sehun}

"Sehun!"

Figures. I'd been here for less than an hour, and Kai had already found me. Did he have some sort of teleportation on me or something? Usually I would be happy to see him, but lunch with Eomma and Mark had made me want to punch someone, and I was pretty sure Kai wouldn't want to be that someone.

Pretending I didn't hear him, I ducked my head lower and moved into the crowded hallway. But he wasn't Minhyuk Kang's second place runner for nothing. He could have easily been first place if he gave a crap about the team and went to practices like he was supposed to.

He dove between Krystal Jung and her group of volley ball-team members to grab the strap of my backpack, pulling me backward. "Sorry, ladies. We've got serious business to talk about. Where were you all morning, dude?"

I looked at the group of girls, who were obviously eavesdropping, and brushed him off. "Just busy," I said, making myself sound mysterious as I winked at Krystal. She smiled and motioned for me to call  her before walking away.

Hmm, did I even have her number? At least she thought I did. Maybe she'd given to me before and I forgot.

"I'm sure you were." He nudged my shoulder. "So tell me, what was it like?"

"Huh?" Great, now I sounded like an idiot. So much for being mysterious.

"You know." Instead of explaining, he wiggled his brows and smiled at me.

Not up for another one of Kai's guessing games, I walked toward the vending machines by the cafeteria. "What are you talking about?"

"Look, I don't know why you're trying to be noble. Everyone saw you leaving the party with her the other night." I didn't have to look up to know he had a smirk on his face. It was noticeable in his voice. He moved forward until he blocked the drink machine in front of me with an outstretched arm. "Don't be shy."

"I'm not being shy. I just don't know what you're -" An picture of Suzy smiling up at me as we swayed to the fast paced music popped in my head. My hands were wrapped tightly around her waist. Us laughing and pushing against each other as we walked around the block to my house. It had been like this all weekend - just brief flashes of us in my head.  But as much as I tried, I couldn't figure out what happened once we got to my house.

Judging by the dopey smile on Kai's face, I can imagine what everyone assumed happened. "You're an asshole. Now either move or buy me a drink."

He laughed and dug into his pockets for some change. "Fine, I'll just imagine it on my own." Kai snorted and shook his head. "Dude, I still can't believe you were able to hit that Ice Queen. You, my man, are a god. A modern, womanizing Zeus."

At his words, a broad smile crossed my face. It was wrong, since technically I didn't "hit that," but who didn't like being called a god? On any other day, I would have happily assisted Kai's request. Yeah right, I was usually the one to start bragging about the girls I hooked up with. In detail. But lunch with Mark earlier still left a sour taste in my mouth. I shouldn't have  taken up Eomma's offer and had lunch with them. I didn't know what I was thinking. Usually I'd rather mow the lawn with my teeth than eat a meal with my American stepdad.

It was bad enough that they showed up unannounced for my drug test, something Mark - the dickhead - insisted on when he found drugs in my room once. They weren't mine, but he didn't believe me.

Eomma knew the drugs weren't mine. I would never touch the stuff after my cousin Soojung died form overdose. We were pretty close. She used to watch me when Eomma went to work after Appa went to jail. That was before Eomma met Mark Hemmingway.