16 {Suzy}

Throughout the rest of the week, i couldn't shake the feeling that something is wrong with Sehun. He skipped school more, and I could have sworn he was avoiding me. When we did see each other, he was still his laughing, joking self, but I just knew that something was wrong. And I was determined to help. Somehow.

But I first I had to find him. And since Sehun wasn't in school again, I had to settle for the next best thing.

Kai's eyes widened when he saw me waiting by his locker, and his steps slower. Despite being a soccer player, he always looked like a deer stuck in headlight when I talked to him. I was always nice to him, but I don't think he forgot that one time I was mad at Sehun after our one-night stand. (There was no other way to refer to that night.) No exactly my best moment.

"Hi, Kai. How was class?"

He sneaked glances at me as his put in his combination on his locker. "It was all right, I guess. What's up?"

"I was just wondering . . . do you know where Sehun is? He's not picking up his phone." I fiddled with the ring necklace that Sehun had given me while I waited for his answer.

Kai shook his head. "No. I thought if anyone knew where he was, it'd be you."

"I don't. Do you know if he has any plans later tonight, then?"

With a small frown, he leaned against the locker next to his. "There's a party at Haeundae Beach tonight. I'm pretty sure Sehun's going to be there. In fact, now that I think about it, he's probably there now. He cuts school sometimes to go there during the day. That's his favorite place to surf."

"It is?"

"Yeah." He gave me a funny look, and I almost smacked my forehead for slipping. That was probably something that a good girlfriend should know. "Do you know where it is?"

"I think so. I passed it before when I went to Jung Dong Beach with Minho." Another funny look. Aish. A good girlfriend probably didn't talk about their dates with other guys so casually. Even thought it wasn't really a date. "Soyeon was with us, too."

Kai placed a couple of books into his locker and slammed it shut. He turn to look at me again, pulling on his earlobe with his hand. "I can drive you to the party if you want a ride," he offered to the locker over my head.

I struggled not to laugh. Even though he still looked a little anxious, I wanted to give him a huge hug. He could barely talk to me for a few minutes, yet he was offering to drive me to a party. The ride would be too torturous for us both. "No, that's all right. Thanks, though."

"No problem." He turned to leave, but tilted his head around to nod at me. "See you at the party."

"Bye." A smile crossed my face when he disappeared from sight. Kai really was a sweetheart. He was too awesome not to have a girlfriend. I would hook him up with Soyeon, but I'm pretty sure she'd eat him alive.

Speaking of the man-eater. I took out my phone and called Soyeon. "Hey, Soyeon, do you mind if I borrow your car tonight?'

__Toward the Walk of Shame__

I realized too late that I could have waited for him at his house. It wasn't like he was never going to come home. And it was probably a bad idea to come to a beach party. Especially with all the drunk people roaming around the bonfire. I wished Soyeon were here with me, but she was being dragged to some career seminar with her mom.

Five minutes later, I was sure it was a bad idea. Stupid, stupid idea. I made my way through the crowd, trying to avoid getting stepped on or having a drink tossed in my face, when someone pulled me back from behind.