5 {Sehun}

What did I think? My first though was that she was crazy.

My second thought? That she was super crazy. Knock-on-her-head, tripping-on-cracks crazy.

I held up a hold. "Hold on, just the other morning you were very, very insistent that we didn't know each other, and now you want us to start dating?" The dog on my lap let out a sharp bark and dug his claws into my pants. "Ow. See? Even the dog thinks this is a stupid idea."

Suzy flushed and took him from me. "His name is Damon, and that's not what I meant."

I eyed the small fuffy dog. "Interesting name."

"Thanks. I named him Damon from the actor in The Vampire Diaries." She scooped him up and set him outside in a fluid motion. He stood at the door and stared at us for a minute or two before marching off to lie on the deck and sunbathe, belly side up.

"So what did you mean about the dating?" My gaze ran up and down her body, taking in her white tank top and her wrinkled pink-and-blue-striped bottoms. The pants were long that they covered her toes. "Because, no offense, but you're not exactly my type," I said with a wink.

Her nose flared twice before turning red as the rest of her face. She scooted around the countertop until the bottom half of her was out of sight. "None taken, because everyone knows you're not my type, either."

Ouch. Apparently the Ice Queen had claws like her dog. "You still didn't answer my question."

She leaned back and stared at her nails in deep concentration. "I just meant that we should pretend to date."

I lifted a hand to my chest and sighed with pretend relief. "Thank goodness. I thought you remembered how incredibly sexy I was and realized that you loved me after all. Or that you're pregnant and you want to raise this child right. You know, I think Elena's a nice name for the baby. I dated a waitress named Elena once. Real sweet girl."

Her entire face was purple now. Suzy leaned forward. Her dark eyes seemed brighter than usual as she glared at me. Her hands gripped the counter to keep her balance. "I do not  love you. And we do not  have a baby. We didn't even even have sex!"

"Ah, but you're not denying that you think I'm sexy."

Her mouth dropped open, and I thought she was going to yell at me again. Instead, she covered her face with both hands and laughed. A loud, uncontrollable laugh that was high-pitched and deep at the same time, weird as it was. Weirder was the fact that I liked the sound. It made me smile.

She laughed so hard that tears fell down her face and she was practically gasping for breath. Alarmed, I half stood up and reached for her, but Suzy just brushed me off and grabbed napkins to wipe her face. I couldn't help smiling a bit as I watched her. She was so different from all the other girls I dated. Fresh-faced, simple, girl-next-door.

I waited until she drank more of her orange juice and swallowed before continuing. No need for her to shower me with orange juice and spit. "Okay, now that I know you're not to die from my one-liners, can you explain?"

"Well, it's fact that everyone knows that we were together the other other. Even though nothing happened," Suzy quickly said when I opened my mouth with another pun about one-night stands. "Nobody's going to believe us. So to save our reputations, I thought we could pretend that we've been dating all along. That way they won't think there's anything wrong with the fact that we were together at the party and that night."

"Reputations? Seriously? Are we in the hundreds? Did my time machine finally work?"

To my surprise, she picked up a couple of stapled pages that I hadn't noticed on the counter and handed them to me. "Everything's listed here, so it'll be easier if you would just read it."