Chapter 15

My trial was in a few weeks. I would have to stand up in court telling everyone what I'd been through. I'd have to relive that night again, like once wasn't enough. They would ask me painful questions that I didn't want to answer. The jury might not even believe me – I hadn't seen my attacker's face. I'd only recognised him by his voice which may not even be admissible in court. There was some DNA that forensics had found under my fingernails and from the rape kit. There wasn't any physical evidence that I fought back, though. I let him do what he wanted so I could survive. I thought he was going to kill me. I was scared as I had no idea who raped me; I was going to see his face for the first time in court.

These thoughts were stirred up because of the phone call I'd received this morning. It was from my lawyer who told me the exact date of the trial and what I should do to prepare myself nearer the time. She was helpful and kind but I didn't have much interaction with her - not yet anyway. I knew I'd have to speak to her when the time came so she could run over questions and details with me.

I blinked as I was snapped out of my thoughts by Andy who was kissing my neck. I squirmed a little in my seat as he began to graze my neck with his teeth.

“Andy...” I whined as he rubbed my sides as well. I felt him pout against my neck before he fully let go of me.

“You're no fun.” He matched my tone, whining too. I chuckled as I ruffled his hair, pulling at the ends.

“Kiss me.” He ordered. I narrowed my eyes playfully.

“No.” I smirked.

“Rosie, please!” He said, a hint of a smile in his voice as I covered my mouth with my hand.

“Nope.” My voice was muffled. Andy had a dangerous look in his blue eyes, like he was going to do something suddenly. He outstretched his arms, his fingers wiggling. I widened my eyes, backing into a corner.

“Andy, please don't.” I pleaded, removing my hand.

“Too late, Rose. You should have done what I asked.” He smiled evilly. He inched closer before shoving his hands under my arms, tickling me. I erupted into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

“A-Andy, okay! I s-s-surrender.” I bubbled with laughter as his tickling gradually stopped. I collapsed on top of him and we both went flying to the floor. I heard him grunt in pain as I elbowed him in his side.

“That was your fault!” I giggled.

He leant forward and kissed me. His lip ring felt cold against my lips in contrast to his warm ones. One of his hands was entangled in my hair as the other travelled up my back. Andy bit my bottom lip gently as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could taste the cigarette he'd smoked earlier which still lingered on his breath. I twirled his hair around my finger before he pulled away.

“I win.” He spoke breathlessly, his voice low which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was too speechless to say anything as only one corner of Andy's mouth curved up into a smile. We were both still on the floor, Andy underneath me as one of my legs was in between his. I blushed when I looked at how we were positioned. I began to get off him but he pulled me back, staring into my eyes. That made my cheeks even redder. I ducked my head, unable to stand his piercing gaze.

“Rosie, you're beautiful.” He lifted my chin up with his fingers and kissed my nose. A smile flitted across my lips as he grinned. I got up and held my hand out to help him up.

“Why, thank you.” He did a little bow which made me laugh. “I know, I'm hilarious.” He waved off, pulling me into the lounge.

“What are you doing today?” I asked him.