Chapter 9

Ashley's POV

It actually broke my heart to watch Rose cry like that. Andy didn't even notice her when he was with Lauren. I also didn't like his girlfriend, she just seemed evil. The looks she gave Rose were unnecessary. I rubbed my temples, waiting for Andy to come back. Rose had stopped crying but she had shut herself in her room, I don't think she wanted to me to see her cry. I heard the door shut and I shot up from my seat.

“You fucking idiot!” I swore, feeling angry.

“Whoa! What?” Andy said, looking puzzled.

“You need to open your eyes and actually look at things. She slept with someone else.” I hissed lowly, feeling someone walk up behind me.

“Erm, everything okay?” Rose asked. I turned around and saw that her eyes were red and puffy.

“Yeah...erm, it's fine.” I smiled at her and then at Andy, giving him a glare. He narrowed his eyes, not understanding what I'd just said.

“Good, Lauren get home okay?” She asked, she was trying so hard to be happy for Andy even if she was dying inside.

“Yep, she did.” Andy replied, giving a little nod. I hated the fact that every time her name was mentioned, his face lit up.

“Good.” She plastered on a smile, her eyes sad.

“Where's everyone else?” Andy said.

“Erm, out and stuff. I'm going to go too. Get out of your hair and stuff. Tomorrow is band practice, by the way.” I reminded him, sliding past him, leaving his house. I got into my car and went home, my mind wandering off to Rose.

*

Rose's POV

I'd come downstairs and saw Andy and Ashley in what seemed like quite a tense situation. I narrowed my eyes, wondering what had happened. Ashley assured me that everything was fine but it didn't seem like it at all. The moment I saw Andy, all my feelings came back. I got a pang of guilt when I remembered Mark. When Ashley left, he sat down on the couch, patting the space next to him.

“Hey.” He smiled, turning to face me. I blushed under his gaze, averting my eyes.

“Hi.” I said in a small voice.

“You have fun yesterday?” He asked, combing through his hair with his hand.

“Yeah, I did actually. It was nice to meet your girlfriend.” I lied, smiling falsely.

“She's great, isn't she?” Andy said excitedly. My face fell. “What's wrong?” He narrowed his eyebrows, making that adorable puzzled face. I couldn't exactly tell him the truth so instead I said something else.

“Don't you think she's a bit pink? A bit too...” I struggled to find the word.

He chuckled lowly. “That's true but she's sweet and she likes me so...” He trailed off, laughing. I didn't join in and he noticed my expression. He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing.” I murmured.

“Rose, come on. Tell me.” He pressed.

“Well, yesterday, something happened.” I mumbled, pulling out of Andy's grasp. Suddenly, something clicked in his eyes.

“You slept with someone.” Andy said, his voice disbelieving. He shook his head, his eyes darkening.

“H-How did you know?” I stuttered.

“Ashley told me.” He spat. Andy got up, pacing up and down.

“I was drunk. It didn't mean anything, Andy.” I tried to reason. He shot me a glare, his gaze steely.