Chapter 2

I  sat on some steps I found when I walked around the building. I pulled my knees up to my chest and cried. Just when I thought I fit in, everything went downhill. I couldn't take the glares people gave me. I couldn't make out whether it was the fact that Andy acknowledged me or the fact that I was some sort of freak. I cried harder as the recent memories replayed themselves in my head.

No words were exchanged between Andy and I but there wasn't a need for them. Everything had been said through actions and I knew exactly what was going through his head when he saw my arm.

Freak.

Stupid.

Ugly.

Suicidal.

I clawed at my head, trying to get rid of all the words invading my mind. I wiped the tears away with my sleeve, sighing shakily. It wasn't like I was going to see Andy or anybody else again but that didn't stop me from feeling like this. I wanted to disappear from the face of the Earth, nobody would miss me anyway. My mom was too busy worrying about herself and my dad than to acknowledge the fact that I even existed. My dad drank himself into unconsciousness every night, he wouldn't care. I pulled at my hair. Why was I so eager to come here? Like everything in my life, it caused me grief. Why should this be any different?

I heard people cheering and shouting which meant the concert was over. I looked to my left and saw a bunch of girls crowd around CC and Jake. They chatted animatedly with them, full of happiness and confidence. I saw Jinxx and Ashley also surrounded by a mass of people. They looked exhausted but they still stopped to talk. Then there was Andy, he leant against the tour bus, girls with cameras and phones snapping pictures of him. I sighed; I would never be able to have the confidence they had. It made me upset and as I watched them, tears found their way down my face. I swiped them away with the back of my hand, waiting for everybody to leave before I went to my car.

Slowly, the crowds lessened and people began to leave. They all said goodbye to each other and soon, there were only one or two people left. However, Andy wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Hey." I snapped my head up as I heard that recognisable voice. I turned around and saw Andy standing behind me, a smile on his lips. I actually couldn't speak.

"Come on." He said in his low voice, causing shivers to go up my spine. I did as I was told and realised that we were both standing outside the band's tour bus. He opened the door and climbed in. I was slightly speechless but I followed suit. He reached over me to close the door and he motioned for me to sit.

"What's your name?" Andy asked me, his voice a little softer.

"Er...Rose. Rose Lane." I replied, still a little awe-struck. He stuck his hand out and smiled.

"I'm Andy. Andy Biersack." He said. I chuckled and shook his hand gingerly.

"Why'd you leave?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because I didn't want to stay anymore." I answered, feeling a slight tension in the air.

"I know that, but why?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"Does it matter?" I countered. "There were hundreds of other people there."

"Yes it does, Rose. I didn't want you to leave." His blue eyes darkened slightly, signalling that he was serious. I bit my lip and thought of a question.

"How'd you find me?" I asked.

"I don't forget someone with beautiful eyes." Andy replied, sending butterflies to my stomach. He probably said that to thousands of girls. He eyed my arm as if his eyes could burn holes through my jacket. I watched his movements carefully.

He took hold of my arm and pulled it so it was resting on his knee. He pulled the sleeve up and ran a finger up and down my arm.

"Andy..." I squirmed. I tried to move my arm back but he wouldn't let go.

"Rose, why do you do this?" He asked in his deep yet soft voice.

"I don't..." I trailed off as I bit my lip, wanting to be anywhere but here. I wasn’t used to this. A traitor tear fell down my cheek and Andy brushed it away.

"You shouldn't be doing that. It's not right for a beautiful girl like you to harm yourself." He advised, smiling gently.

"You don't understand, Andy." I spoke, shaking my head furiously.

"Try me."

I hesitated before answering him. "I do this because it blocks out pain. I don't feel anything emotional, just physical." I told him.

"Yeah, but for how long?" He countered. I dropped my head, taking my arm back and tugging the sleeve down. My cheeks flamed red and hot tears began to fall.

"Rose..." I saw Andy move over to me and sit down. He wrapped his arms around me from the side, creating an awkward hug. I turned to face him and hugged him back, trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"For what?" He said into my hair.

"Being stupid." I replied.

"You're not, Rose." He assured.

"And for leaving."

"Hey..." He let go of me and put both hands on my shoulders. "That's partly my fault," he chuckled, "I shouldn't have done that." Andy said, smiling a crooked smile.

"Why did you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, for one, you were the only girl not trying to rip a piece of my clothing off, and two, I guess I just saw you and thought you looked really pretty." He answered, his eyes piercing mine. I blushed a little but covered it up with laughing.

"There were a lot of other girls there, Andy."

"Yes, but they didn't look like you, did they?" I bit my lip as he spoke, a little perplexed as to what he'd just said.

"Rose..." I looked up at him and then realised what he was doing. Andy pressed his lips to mine and I froze. I wasn't moving at all but he continued to kiss me. As I moved my lips against his, he smiled. His lips were warm and soft, giving me comfort. He broke the kiss and smiled sheepishly, moving my hair out of my face.

"Now, if that's not a good enough reason to stop doing what you're doing, then I don't know what is." He spoke softly, his hand in mine. "I don't want you to hurt yourself again, Rose. I want you to call me if you have the urge to do so, okay?" I nodded mutely, still speechless from what had just happened. We exchanged numbers and right on cue, there was a knock on the door.

"That must be the others." Andy smiled. I stepped out of the bus, avoiding the quizzical looks the other band members gave me. He followed me out and told them he'd be a minute.

"Erm, thank you." I said, still a little dizzy.

"No problem but listen, you can just call me, any time." He flashed me a smile and went back inside the bus where I heard raised voices.

I went to my car and noticed that nearly the whole place was empty. I shivered at the night air and got in my car, driving off. Thoughts became muddled in my head but one question stuck.

What the hell had just happened?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, thanks for reading! Vote and fan and leave comments <3