Chapter Twenty-Two

Baby's Breath ~ Represents undying love.

   Small snow flakes fell onto Jasmine's tear-stained face as she waited for death to consume her. Her golden blood dripped from her wing wound as her body slowly began to weaken from the blood loss.

Jasmine slowly looked down at Maroon's feather, which her held close to her chest. A small smile graced her lips," M...Maybe I-I'll see you o-on the other s-side..." she mumbled happily to herself as her eyes slowly fluttered closed for the very last time.

A single tear fell down Jasmine's cheek, landing onto the ground before nothing but silence filled the air.

West from where Jasmine laid dead, Rose stood breathless as several angels laid dead at her feet. She had several cuts and scrapes on her body from the fight. Rose wiped her forehead, clearing away the sweat away. She hissed when she began to walk, and ended up kicking one to the dead guard's body in pain. She glared down at the dead body and kicked it again," You guys were really pissing me off." she stated before pulling her magical mirror from her pocket. She raised it to her lips and whispered Maroon's name. But the mirror did not change. The look of confusion came across her face. She tried again, but had the same result," What the hell? Why aren't you working?!" she scolded, shaking her mirror in her hand.

She tried several more times, but gave up and whispered Jasmine's name into the mirror instead. The reflection began to twist and bend till Jasmine appeared in Rose's mirror. Rose gasped in shock, seeing Jasmine's condition," Oh god..." she tucked the mirror back inside her pocket before she took off running.

The cold bit at Rose's skin as she sprinted, a pit of fear growing inside her; she had to get to Jasmine before it was too late. Who knew what Maroon would do to her if she didn't save Jasmine," Don't let me be to late, don't let me be to late..." Rose repeated to herself as she ran, all the while, two demons lurked closer and closer to Jasmine's deceased body.

" The scent is getting stronger," The male demon stated to his female partner, taking another whiff of the air," this way."

The male took off, the female running close behind him. The two ran for only a minute before they came upon Jasmine's body. The male demon chuckled before kneeling down to Jasmine's body," How tragic..? Died of blood loss from a wing wound." he smirked, lifting Jasmine's wounded wing up.

The female demon smiled and dipped her finger into the puddle of Jasmine's golden blood, taking a taste," Mmmm...taste delicious..." she smiled wickedly at her partner," Taste of royal blood."

The male chuckled," Though I do prefer living things, she has only been dead for a little while. Plus...I can't walk away from eating someone of royal blood..." he replied as he grabbed a hold of Jasmine's limp arm, raising it up to bite.

But Rose luckily made it in time, running over and kicking the male demon square in the face, sending him flying into a tree. While the male demon laid unconscious, his female partner turned towards Rose with anger written on her face," What the hell?! We found the angel first! She's ours!" The demon scolded before getting tackled by Rose, getting pinned to the ground.

" Look. I have had a bad day so far, and I am NOT in the mood the deal with you petty demons like you." Rose growled, causing the demon beneath her to whimper," Now I suggest you and your unconscious partner over there leave, before I send you BOTH back to hell." Rose released the demons from her grip.

The female quickly ran over to her partner, swinging his arm over her shoulder before taking off in an unknown direction.

" Coward..." Rose mumbled underneath her breath before she turned towards Jasmine. She knelt down beside Jasmine, lifting her hand up to feel a pulse. But nothing. Rose cursed underneath her breath before she moved, Jasmine's head now laying in her lap," This better work...or so help me...I will make a deal with the devil..." Rose grumbled as her hand hovered above Jasmine's chest. Rose began to chant a reviving spell, her hands glowing blue. Rose was praying in her head that this would work, which is something she doesn't do much.

Some time past, and Rose continued to chant her spell. Slowly, Rose's magical energy began to drain. Right when she was about to give up, Jasmine shot up from the ground, gasping and shaking as if she had awoken from a nightmare.

Jasmine looked at her surroundings, unsure to where she was. She lifted her hands up, as if she didn't recognize herself. Jasmine sat there, confused, until she spotted a black feather on the ground. She gently picked up and raised in close to her face. And at that moment, all her memories flooded back to her.

Tears now brimmed her eyes as she turned and faced Rose, who wore the look of pity," H..How...I-I thought I..." Jasmine was utterly confused; she should be dead. She should be gone. She shouldn't be here, not without Maroon. A tear escaped her eye as she began to sob," N...No...M-Maroon..."

" Jasmine, I know this must be hard-" Rose reached out the touch her shoulder, but Jasmine jerked it away.

" No! You don't! I shouldn't be ALIVE right now!" Jasmine exclaimed as tears ran down her face," I should be dead!"

" But I brought you back, and we need to go-"

" I am not going anywhere with you!" Jasmine screamed.

Rose was a taken back by Jasmine's sudden outburst, but Jasmine's anger melting into sadness as quickly as it came," Y-You should have saved Maroon...I-I'm useless...A-All I do is cause people harm..." Jasmine sniffled, her fingers gently petting the black feather in her hand," I-I should have stayed dead..."

" Now listen here Jasmine." Rose began, kneeling in front of Jasmine with one hand placed on her shoulder," Maroon is a close friend of mine, and I am mourning for him to. But I know if I did not save you, her would come back and kill me with his own hands. He couldn't bare live without you Jasmine."

" B-B-But Maroon..." Jasmine looked up at Rose, pain and sorrow in her eyes," H-He's gone..."

Rose shook her head," He's not."

" B-But he is...I saw him disintegrate into black ash..." Jasmine argued, holding tightly onto Maroon's feather.

" Look. Jasmine-" Rose began, only to be cut off by a snap! coming from behind her. Rose snapped her head around, her eyes wide as she stared at the ocean of trees," Jasmine. We need to get out of here."

" R-Right..." Jasmine replied as she stood up, only to fall back down due to her blood loss," W..Wha..."

Rose picked up Jasmine, holding Jasmine in her arms with ease," Man. You're light." Rose said, testing Jasmine's weight out," Then again, I am like, two heads taller than you."

" R...Rose..." Jasmine pointed towards the forest line, seeing several dark figures standing there, unmoving.

" Shit right..." Before Jasmine could ask what Rose was going to do, Rose sprinted off, Jasmine clinging to Rose for dear life, afraid she was going to drop her.

Jasmine felt a pit grow inside her; She lost the love of her life, and was now staring over with a complete stranger. What was she too exept in the future? It has seemed like Jasmine's chapter has ended...

...But as they say, when one chapter ends, a new one begins...