Chapter Nine

White Clover ~ The clover flower suggests feelings of vitality, and it is conventionally given to those who need a little good luck.

   " How did this happen?" My father questions, glaring at the guards who stood in front of my father while I sat in the corner of my father's office with a butler pressing a rag against the wound to help stop the bleeding.

" S-Sir, we were had been chasing the demon when we found your daughter." One guard states, keeping his gaze on the floor," And as you can tell, she was dressed in something...unfitting for someone of royal blood."

" Can tell." My father replies, his gaze falling on me," But what does that have to do with this?"

" My lord," a new guard appears from behind the two originals, smiling smugly as he wears a scar proudly across his face," what my men are trying to say, is that we think the princess was trying to run away. With the demon."

" That's apastress!" My father exclaims, anger in his tone," My daughter would never-"

" We have proof, my lord." The scar-faced guard states, waving his hand over to another guard, who held my nightstand drawer.

A wave of fear crashed over me," Y-You went through my things?" I question as the guard presents the drawer filled with Maroon's letters to my father.

" Well, of course. We had to be sure if there was any evidence of you doing an act of treason." The guard answers, a smug smile plastered onto his face; what was his problem?

My father plucked a few letters from the drawer and read, my heart hammering against my ribs," This...can't be true...." my father mumbles in disbelief, reading letter after letter, as if to find proof that these were fake.

" But it is, my lord." The scar-faced guard replies before gesturing towards me," You can ask the princess yourself."

My father turned his gaze towards me, and for once, he had an expression on his face: a fearful one," Jasmine..." he begins, looking at me with pleading eyes," Please...tell me these are fake. Tell me that this isn't true."

Tears swell in my eyes, and I am unable to meet my father's gaze," I-I'm sorry..." I cry, looking down into my lap,"...They are true."

The whole room gasped, not including the scar-faced guard," How...why..?"

" I fell in love, father." I reply, a smile lightly gracing my lips at the memory of Maroon," He is funny, and kind. Is loving and loyal, and is true to his word. He has...the heart of an angel."

" But he is still a demon." The scar-faced guard states," And if I am correct, being associated with a demon is the highest act of treason."

My father, with a grave look upon his face, slowly nodded," Yes...that is correct."

" Then, by law, the princess should be executed at the kingdom's court?" My father nodded again," Well...case closed then. Guards? Arrest the princess and throw her into the dungeon."

I was terrified, and yet, an unknown anger surged through me," You don't know him like I do...." I mumble, clenching my fist as the two guards from before grab both of my arms, pulling me towards the door. I look directly at my father with anger burning in my eyes," You don't know him like I do and yet you frown upon our love because he is a demon!"

" Guards. To the dungeon with her." My father states coldly, not making eye contact with me.

" You heartless monster!" I scream, kicking and thrashing around in the guard's' grip," You would throw your own child in the dungeon for falling in love? How cruel are you?!"