Chapter Eighteen // Jasmine

Orchids ~ A gorgeous, exotic flower, orchids represent rare and delicate beauty. Other meanings include love, luxury, beauty, and strength. Pink orchids in particular symbolize pure affection, and cattelya orchids represent mature charm.

   My mind was clouded by fear as I bolted towards the pillar, my ripped wing dragging limp behind me as I ran. I didn't know what I going to do, and my stomach felt like it was doing flips inside me...

Maroon was here...

He came the same way as in my vision...

He said the same things, he did the same thing...

I must, no, I have to prevent his death from happening...even if it kills me...

I ducked behind the pillar, kneeling down behind it as I quickly checked my surroundings. Once the coast was clear, I turned my attention back towards Maroon, who stood head-to-head with a group of guards, all armed with weapons.

I could feel the anger radiating off Maroon from where I stood, his eyes showed pure hatred towards the guards. Every move he made, every attack, was out of a fit of anger.

No...I won't Maroon die because of me...not again...

I won't just sit and watch...I won't let him share the same fate as my mother...

Anger built up inside me, as did sadness.

I slowly rose to my feet, my hands clenched as I watched Maroon fight off guards one by one, tears creasing down my face. Maroon must have heard my cries because he turn his head in my direction for a split second, and was tackled by none other than Mister Scar-Face. I gasped as I watched the guard pull out his sword, holding it against his throat.

And I guess that was the last straw for me, because red flashed in my vision before everything went dark...