Chapter Fifteen

Purple Asters ~ Asters, with their wildflower-like beauty and rich texture, are considered an enchanted flower and come in many different colors. The pretty petals -- which can be found in purple, red, pink, white, lavender, and blue -- and yellow centers represent love and patience.

   Hours had passed since my little 'nightmare' and I have curled myself in a ball and tucked myself in the far corner of my cell, small whimpers escaping my mouth anytime I tried to recall my dream.

No matter how many time Jamie asked, I refused to tell him what my dream was about. He could only guess it was about Maroon, due to me shouting his name when I woke up.

Even though we haven't known each other long, Jamie acts like that bestfriend I had always dreamed of having. And it seemed like he thought the same," I hate to be pushy Jasmine, but will you PLEASE tell me your dream. If you tell me what happened, I could help you!...somehow..."

I shake my head, hugging my knees close to my chest," I-I don't think you could...b-besides...I-I rather not talk about it..." I admit, barely making eye contact with him.

Jamie sighs and nods his head," Alright...I'll stop pushing it." he says, laying his head on the wall. I mumble a thank you to Jamie before everything goes silent. I too lay my head against the wall, having one hand placed over my stomach," Jasmine? Isn't your...trial today?"

I sigh and nod my head, rubbing circles on my stomach," Yeah...it is..." I answer, a sad smile on my face as I rub circles on my belly.

Jamie scuffs," This is ridiculous...you shouldn't go on trial for falling in love." He states, crossing his arms on his chest.

" But I fell for a demon, so it's considered treason against the kingdom."

" Can't you tell them that you're pregnant?" Jamie asks," They can't kill a pregnant women."

" Personally...I think it would make matters worse..." I reply, rubbing my temples stressfully," Imagine how they would react! The King's daughter being pregnant with a demon's child. They would rip my wings for sure..."

" It's just...so wrong! They CAN'T do this to you! They just can't!" Jamie exclaims, throwing his hand in the air to emphasize his point.

I sigh," Yes...they can. And they are going to do what they think is best, which is charging me with treason." I state; I have completely given up hope. I know what they're going to do, and there is no stopping it.

Just as Jamie was about to rant on more, the dungeon door cracked open, sending a loud creak noise throughout the entire dungeon. I heard steps approaching my cell, and a sudden jolt of fear rushed through me.

I knew what they were here for, and I was terrified.

The same pair of guards from earlier walked up to my cell, unlocking my door and swinging it open before both grabbed my arms and hauled me off the floor. They slammed my door shut, and began to walk. But Jamie grabbed a hold of my hand and refused to let go," Fight for your love Jasmine. Fight for it. I know you might be scared but, I'm here with. I'll stand by your side till the bitter end." Jamie stated with tears in his eyes while he wore a sad smile. Tears sprang into my eyes as I held onto Jamie's hand, not wanting to let go. But the guards roughly pulled me from Jamie's grip, pulling me towards the dungeon door," Fight for it Jasmine! Stand up for what is right!" I heard Jamie yell, his voice echoing throughout the dungeon.

I silently sobbed to myself, already missing my friend as I exited the dungeon, being greeted by the bright sun -which blinded me for a moment- that filled the palace.